Is this the right wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkinnyWire View Post
    MWS charges me about $11 or $12 to ship 8 pounds within the US from CA to FL. I assumed you live in the US. Pretty hard to fathom a $150 charge to ship 8 pounds based on USPS Global Priority Mail rates which are far lower than that so I don't know what was going on there unless they simply don't want to ship overseas. Again, everyone has a gripe about someone and YMMV.
    I'm in So. California. I'm actually only about 60 miles away from MWS.

Comment

I'm even closer...

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
        I'm even closer...
        That's true. About 20 or 30 miles for you maybe?

Comment

" Pretty hard to fathom a $150 charge to ship 8 pounds based on USPS Global Priority Mail rates which are far lower than that so I don't know what was going on there unless they simply don't want to ship overseas."

They were happy to ship O/S but wanted to charge me $150 to do it , i think they would only ship through UPS though , maybe it saved them going to the post office ?

Mick

Comment

Originally posted by mick View Post
            " Pretty hard to fathom a $150 charge to ship 8 pounds based on USPS Global Priority Mail rates which are far lower than that so I don't know what was going on there unless they simply don't want to ship overseas."

They were happy to ship O/S but wanted to charge me $150 to do it , i think they would only ship through UPS though , maybe it saved them going to the post office ?

Mick
            Maybe one of these guys that are close could pick some up at the factory and ship it Global Priority.

Comment

Ordered from Whitmore , should be here soon ( ish ) i do know that with UPS it's here in a few days and trackable , ( my guitars go UPS and a les paul/strat only costs me $150US to ship ) but that's the way it is , not really pissed at MWS , was just a bit surprised at how expensive it was.

Tried some local places but....don't get me started on that , being a small business you can get treated less than fairly with parts etc ( like receiving a spool of wire full of snags ( $200au ), despite asking for the opposite , peeled a piece of masking tape from the bottom of the spool and what was written on there " "SNAGS " thank you Blackburn wires Sydney Australia, good to know that you will not get any money from me ever again...sorry didn't mean to turn it into a whine but as mentioned many times over , it pisses you off sometimes...and it's that kind of stuff that can make you just want to say fuck it , I'm getting a real job but when you get an email back from someone telling you how much they like the pickups and how great they sound it's all forgotten...almost..

Mick

Comment

Working...
              X