DeArmond Rowe USA humbucker pickup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeArmond Rowe USA humbucker pickup question

Picked up a modified Ibanez recently. Prev owner installed 2 oversized Nickel covered humbuckers that read 'DeArmond, reg US patent, Rowe DeArmond Inc, Toledo Ohio USA. Theres nothing stamped on the bottom. Wondering if anyones familiar with them, are they korean, or USA vintage remakes? and any idea if they have any value. Thanks!

You got any pictures?
    B_T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sept7 11 015.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	822886

Comment

Slightly off-topic but does anybody know if the "Rowe" in DeArmond Rowe is associated with the Rowe company that manufactured jukeboxes? Thanks

Comment

Found out they're USA (thus the 'USA' stamp, but hey, its not like many manufacturers build here anymore). Might be from the 70's from what Ive found on other forums, still could be re-makes. Any idea what they'd be worth?

Comment

Originally posted by nick6 View Post
            Found out they're USA (thus the 'USA' stamp, but hey, its not like many manufacturers build here anymore). Might be from the 70's from what Ive found on other forums, still could be re-makes. Any idea what they'd be worth?
            You need to post this Question on the Pickup part of the forum.
            Pickup Makers
            Good Luck,
            Terry
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Rowe Industries in Toledo made lots of pickups for Dearmond. They did have humbuckers, but I know very little about them. They are not highly sought after, rarely fetching more than 200 bucks / set. The most sought after dearmond is the Rhythm Chief 1100.

To be honest, i'm a little curious as to what is under the hood of that pickup.

Comment

It looks like a model 2200, for what that's worth.

See here:
                http://www.musicpickups.com/DeArmond...red_items.html

-rb
                DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Originally posted by sgelectric View Post
                  Slightly off-topic but does anybody know if the "Rowe" in DeArmond Rowe is associated with the Rowe company that manufactured jukeboxes? Thanks
                  Different companies. Rowe International is in Grand Rapids, MI. They made the juke boxes.
                  They don't make them like they used to... We do.
                  www.throbak.com
                  Vintage PAF Pickups Website

Comment

They are fetching better prices recently. They were made in the 70s and don't really sound much like you would expect. I found them to be a little dark, smooth, and compressed. There are a few different models. I haven't heard the burly looking "distortion" one with hex poles.

Comment

Rowe was huge at one time. They were a big OEM during the 60's and even made some of the Fender Coronado pickups (the ones that have "Fender" engraved in the top). They also sold all sorts of aftermarket pickups.

Comment

Working...
                      X