• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your outside the US i dont think Stewmac will ship it
    Any good quality lacquer will do
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

There is a comparny in Miami that should to ship my stuff, and so Stewmac have to ship the stuff to Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        Most suppliers sell A5 Rod Magnets in .187 size.
        And, Most A3s are .195 inches.
        StewMac has always done the .195 stuff.
        You may as well just order a Humbucker kit, a single coil kit from stewMac and get your feet on the ground that way.
        Then once you get going then start ordering loose parts like the rest of us do.
        Here's the last Magnet sheet I got from Shea at Magnetic Hold.[ATTACH]15738[/ATTACH]
        There is one tab for Bar Magnets, and one tab for Rod Magnets at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
        Later,
        T
        Sorry terry, I haven't seen your post! Thanks for the excel file. I'll get the magnets from Addition Fx, he have Alnico4 rod magnets too. In your file there is a .197 size, is it the same of .195? Are they interchangeable?

Comment

Originally posted by Marco78 View Post
          Sorry terry, I haven't seen your post! Thanks for the excel file. I'll get the magnets from Addition Fx, he have Alnico4 rod magnets too. In your file there is a .197 size, is it the same of .195? Are they interchangeable?
          Close enough.
          Shea can get you whatever you want.
          He has a minimum order, don't know what his Internatl. shpg costs are.
          shea@magnetichold.net
          Email him and ask whatever you like.
          I like his A2, C5,C8, and A8 Bar magnets.
          I have used his A5 Rod magnets also.
          Later,
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Close enough.
            Shea can get you whatever you want.
            He has a minimum order, don't know what his Internatl. shpg costs are.
            shea@magnetichold.net
            Email him and ask whatever you like.
            I like his A2, C5,C8, and A8 Bar magnets.
            I have used his A5 Rod magnets also.
            Later,
            T
            Does he have rough cast, unoriented magnets A2, 3, 4, 5 and so on?

Comment

Does he have rough cast, unoriented magnets A2, 3, 4, 5 and so on?
              I haven't talked to him lately, Just email him and ask all your questions.
              He is very prompt.
              I really can't tell much difference in smooth and rough as long as the magnetic properties are equal.
              I've found that some of the rough stuff doesn't fit too good, and not uniform in size, but that is strictly IMHO!
              Smooth Magnets work fine for me, but I think he can get both.
              Not trying to start a rough vs. smooth debate, use whatever you like, and have good luck with.
              Don't let all the Hype get you down.
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

I haven't talked to him lately, Just email him and ask all your questions.
                He is very prompt.
                I really can't tell much difference in smooth and rough as long as the magnetic properties are equal.
                I've found that some of the rough stuff doesn't fit too good, and not uniform in size, but that is strictly IMHO!
                Smooth Magnets work fine for me, but I think he can get both.
                Not trying to start a rough vs. smooth debate, use whatever you like, and have good luck with.
                Don't let all the Hype get you down.
                T
                ok tnx! Do you know where is the lacquer in the stew site?

Comment

Id try your local hardware store
                  your only going dunk the assembled bobbins a can of lacquer
                  i would not even worry about the brand ... lacquer ,sanding sealer ,polyurethane it will all do the job just fine
                  but lacquer does cure fastest
                  I use watco brand

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                    Id try your local hardware store
                    your only going dunk the assembled bobbins a can of lacquer
                    i would not even worry about the brand ... lacquer ,sanding sealer ,polyurethane it will all do the job just fine
                    but lacquer does cure fastest
                    I use watco brand
                    Mine is probably not as durable, but I use the Krylon Spray Kind.
                    It cures fast, I sit it on a hot surface to speed up the curing.
                    Then I Super Glue, and Tape, I think Copper does this also.
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

Sorry, is lacquer for the guitar the same that use for the hair??? What is the difference?

Comment

Sorry, is lacquer for the guitar the same that use for the hair??? What is the difference?
                        It's Your turn Copper!
                        T
                        Terry

Comment

It's Your turn Copper!
                          T
                          what?

Comment

Ok i would use a quality nitro lacquer for the guitar
                            but i have been tempted to try some of the new waterbased Targetcoat stuff .....i do believe Stewmac carries it now & it would be the Green choice

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                              Ok i would use a quality nitro lacquer for the guitar
                              but i have been tempted to try some of the new waterbased Targetcoat stuff .....i do believe Stewmac carries it now & it would be the Green choice
                              can you link me the stew page?

Comment

can you link me the stew page?
                                STEWMAC.COM : Guitar Parts, Bass, Banjo, Mandolin, Hardware, Tools, Supplies, Free Information
                                T
                                Terry

Comment

Working...
                                X