Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dydeing forbon

ha all
    can anyone tell me what to use to deye the forbon from mcmaster carr from gray to black . use leather dye? or would ebony stain by minwax work or whats best to use.thank for any input .

fish paper

wow that stuff is expensive. I don't think you'll have much luck dyeing it though I could be wrong. Most dyes are actually deep purple, not black. Anything that is dense black is likely to be conductive which will mess with your coils.
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by gsi View Post
      ha all
      can anyone tell me what to use to deye the forbon from mcmaster carr from gray to black? Use leather dye? Or would ebony stain by minwax work or what's best to use. thank for any input.
      I'd be tempted to try dipping the finished piece in india ink and letting it dry. This is as black as one can get, and won't fade in the sun.

India ink will make it slightly conductive electrically, but not enough to matter. Real eddy currents require real metal.

Comment

Try ink jet black refills. I use it on string for Tele bridge pickups and it works. Can't think of a suitable equation or NASA alternative right now.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Working...
        X