Ever make your own guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    I'm adding that green quilt LP with gold hardware and no fingerboard inlays to my jones list. I love the WOW factor the colors bring to the LP styling. Very nice.
    Thanks guys, the reason no inlays is that it is QS sycamore that has been ebonized so it has a snakeskin look to it when you are close. My budy loved it so much he didn't want inlays to take away from that. It does have position markers on the side though.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0711.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	827113

Comment

• Very nice! Is your buddy a big guy? Where's he live?
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• That looks really Interesting Looks like rouffled Grouse plumage
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

• Originally posted by ken View Post
          A green quilt is on my GAS list, but I'd like thumbnail inlays on my neck.
          I love thumbnail markers! But green guitars are fugly IMHO, unless it's seaform green.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            I love thumbnail markers! But green guitars are fugly IMHO, unless it's seaform green.
            Brilliant green IS an "unnatural" color for clear finishes. I have noticed that it seems to be a love it or hate it thing. I used to have a Fender Esprit Elite with a curly green top. Must be rare because I've never seen another. Sorry I parted with that one.

But it's interesting that "sea foam" is acceptible. I guess once all the levels of ugly are surpassed it works it's way back around to cool again!
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
              Brilliant green IS an "unnatural" color for clear finishes. I have noticed that it seems to be a love it or hate it thing. I used to have a Fender Esprit Elite with a curly green top. Must be rare because I've never seen another. Sorry I parted with that one.

But it's interesting that "sea foam" is acceptible. I guess once all the levels of ugly are surpassed it works it's way back around to cool again!
              I just don't like the color green for most anything except plants. I do like very dark green, like hunter's green, and the very light greens like lime and seafoam. I also dislike the colors green and yellow together. Gives me the willies! Must have been a traumatic experience I had as a kid or something. lol
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

• Here's a few of mine...

Working on this when I get a chance...

int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
                www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mkat View Post
                  Here's a few of mine...

I really like your natural wood aesthetic. I always try to be a purist myself when it comes to materials and not add dyes or stains if I don't have to. Also love the matching wooden pickup covers.

Comment

• Thanks, definitely prefer natural
                    int main(void) {return 0;} /* no bugs, lean, portable & scalable... */
                    www.ozbassforum.com

Comment

• Jack Briggs

sigpic
                      www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	back finished.JPG
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	827283Click image for larger version

Name:	front full.JPG
Size:	2.42 MB
ID:	827284

first guitar i have finished in 5 years- delivering today

Comment

• Wouldn't expect anything less from you Jason. Pure class. Did you laminate or carve the the front and back plates.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason lollar View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20751[/ATTACH]

first guitar i have finished in 5 years- delivering today
                            One of these days I'm going to make an archtop. I already have the wood for it! To me, that's what guitar making is all about, even though I don't play archtops lol

Nice work Jason.

Comment

• Gorgeous! I'm work on my first set of archtops now, I hope they can compare with your work. Did you go the carved top or laminated top route?

Comment

• thanks!- its carved- i even cut the tree down the maple came from and blacked out plates and air dried them

Comment

Working...
                                X