Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys know about the "Rosie Wrap" early 50s winding style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sawbuck is a 10, but I found this for "buck" meaning dollar:

Meaning of "dollar" is 1856, Amer.Eng., perhaps an abbreviation of buckskin, a unit of trade among Indians and Europeans in frontier days, attested in this sense from 1748.
    http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?...earchmode=term
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

• Originally posted by pupoholic View Post
      I have noticed over here English Gents that are provoked into a fight usually whip the poop out of the USA guy - I have a theory on that: "because guns are not allowed in the UK ( England?) they have evolved with better hand to hand skills then the USA men."
      It's because we don't have soccer hooligans in the states!
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

• You may not have Soccer Hooligans but you have got real Hells Angels (and all the other M/C gangs) in the US and to us they seem quite scary enough thanks..... they make our Soccer Hooligans look like babies.
        Soccer Hooliganism is really not the big issue it once was, now it is young men all all races, carrying knives as a matter of course.
        We have had more than twenty young men killed this year in London by knife crime. Where once an urgument would be settled by fists it has now escalated to blades.
        Handguns were outlawed some years ago, after a massacre in Scotland but they are readily available to rent and purchase, if you are prepared to look and have cash. People are converting blank firing weapons from Eastern Europe to sell on the criminal underground and they sell them at over $3000 a pop... What a world.....

MacLoud

Comment

• nice <x> content

About 10 years back on rec.music.makers.guitar, the threads
          were often hijacked for irrelevant topics, usually beer, cars,
          or firearms.

Then, a resident thread-nazi/netkook might sarcastically observe,
          "nice guitar content."

It became such a joke that when the thread was on-topic,
          some wag would remark,
          "nice firearm content"

To all of you, I observe,
          "nice pickup content"

waiting for the other shoe to drop,
          -drh
          "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

• "nice (im)moderator content"
            Last edited by Dave Kerr; 09-11-2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• I have had -- and still do see MC's very often , the big 3'

Mongols MC
              Hessians MC
              and Hells Angles HC

there are at almost all the biker bar gigs we do.. - once all 3 in the same club.

never seen any violence or trouble in 5 years... I think they are just their on non-business, like the rest of us are.. just having a drink and some music and dance with the ladies...

and its almost every Biker bar gig we do... they treat the musicians well - pretty much just leave us all alone - maybe a thumbs up or a head nods if were cookin.. but thats bout it.

and yes we leave them alone- we don't try to chum up or make pals.. sorta the unsaid law of the street??
              Let's all Close shop and Go Fishing!, the heck with everything today!

Comment

• Originally posted by MacLoud View Post
                You may not have Soccer Hooligans but you have got real Hells Angels (and all the other M/C gangs) in the US and to us they seem quite scary enough thanks..... they make our Soccer Hooligans look like babies.
                Oh forget the motor cycle gangs! We have REAL gangs that only want to be hoodlums, and get in the gang by killing someone. You hear about them mostly in places like LA, but we have them here in nearby Newark, and East Orange, New Jersey. I once saw the house I grew up in (and was living in at the time) in the background on the show COPS! They were interviewing teenage female gang member!

Not where I currently live however, thank God!

My point about the Soccer Hooligans is that we don't get those big fights breaking out at sporting events, so probably your average UK soccer fan can fight better than your average US football fan!

And I think there are a lot more soccer fans.

Comment

Working...
                X