Need some Mojo copper baseplates for Tele bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some Mojo copper baseplates for Tele bridges

Mojo is out and so am I. Anyone can spare a few for some $$$?

Originally posted by achase4u View Post
    Mojo is out and so am I. Anyone can spare a few for some $$$?
    STEWMAC.COM : Tele Bridge Pickup Flatwork
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Their footprint is off from the flatwork I use. And I cant use that flatwork because I use .187" magnets. Thanks though.

Comment

Why not use the zinc plated ones?
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Thats probably what I will do, but my customers like "period correct" type stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by achase4u View Post
            Thats probably what I will do, but my customers like "period correct" type stuff...
            Does it sound different? Can they see it after it's in the guitar? Just smack them in the head a few times with a wiffle bat! They will get over it.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

lol :-)

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                Does it sound different? Can they see it after it's in the guitar? Just smack them in the head a few times with a wiffle bat! They will get over it.
                I will take your advise as well..................haha
                "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Comment

Not sure what years, but the Zinc plated Baseplates were also used by fender.
                    The sound would have to be close being they both use the same steel baseplate.
                    Just a thin plating of Zinc or Copper over the steel is the only difference.
                    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                      Not sure what years, but the Zinc plated Baseplates were also used by fender.
                      The sound would have to be close being they both use the same steel baseplate.
                      Just a thin plating of Zinc or Copper over the steel is the only difference.
                      The plating is just to stop the steel from rusting. It has no affect on the tone.

Comment

I'm in the middle of prototyping Tele bridge pickups, and I'm pretty sure I'm seeing a difference between copper and nickel plated low carbon steel baseplates.

I haven't done enough to absolutely confirm it isn't just baseplate-to-baseplate differences, but at this point I think it is more likely it is the plating. Negligible differences in AC electrical measures, but a measurable difference in the frequency response. Not huge, and probably not significant to any reasonable ear, but it is different by a hundred Hz or so.

Please don't hit me in the head with a whiffle bat......

btw, achase4u, my plates are very non-standard so they wouldn't work for you.
                        Last edited by ScottA; 01-04-2012, 08:37 PM.
                        www.zexcoil.com

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                          The plating is just to stop the steel from rusting. It has no affect on the tone.
                          That also Deception and Placebo!
                          T
                          Terry

Comment

Zinc plating is what the first Broadcaster pickups used, they quickly changed to copper plating because its easier to solder to. I buy Mojo's raw steel ones and plate them with zinc myself, its super easy to do, but when you solder its a good idea to use a bur/Foredom to clean off where you're soldering to. Tom said 3 weeks before the out of stock supplies come in, though they may express mail some of the more needed stuff, best to go ahead and place and pay for the plates to get in line for when they come in.
                            http://www.SDpickups.com
                            Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Working...
                            X