Need SOLID F-spaced bobbins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need SOLID F-spaced bobbins

Yes, I know, Allparts, GJones, Mojo and many others sell f-spaced bucker bobbins. But these are all that same flimsy, skeleton of a bobbin that shrieks like a girl if you try to mod it at all. Does somebody sell some f-spaced bobbins that are solid like the ones you can get from Stewmac (Allparts sells them too)?

I don't know where to get them.
    My question, I've used butyrate, and all the different brands of bobbins.
    What is wrong with the ones that are not solid in the middle?
    I've Had good results with about all of them.
    Outside of maybe more durable, however the butyrates seem fragile also, what am I missing?
    Terry
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

If you DON'T mod these skeleto-bobbins they're fine but I like to mod them in various ways -- make larger holes for larger slugs or screws, make them taller by cutting them in half horizontally and putting a styrene insert, etc., and these skels are very unsuitable for that.

Comment

Good luck on the search Dave. I have been searching as well.
        Shut up and play

Peace and Tone The Rain Mann

Comment

Guitar Parts USA has them, of a sort. They have that big divot in the end which I suppose is for the start lead but looks like a snagfest waiting to happen. And the color of the cream bobbins is just awful, like aged linoleum with a veneer of translucent snot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
            Guitar Parts USA has them, of a sort. They have that big divot in the end which I suppose is for the start lead but looks like a snagfest waiting to happen. And the color of the cream bobbins is just awful, like aged linoleum with a veneer of translucent snot.
            I use those in a 50mm.
            I've had good luck with them, and pretty good price.
            You will never know the notch is there.
            The Cream is more of an Ivory! lol
            T
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
              Guitar Parts USA has them, of a sort. They have that big divot in the end which I suppose is for the start lead but looks like a snagfest waiting to happen.
              Just don't wind past the edge of the bobbin and you wont even know it's there.

And the color of the cream bobbins is just awful, like aged linoleum with a veneer of translucent snot.
              Beige is never a good color in any context.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
              X