Bucker bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucker bits

Having climbed the mountain of sourcing nice single coil bits in the disadvantaged UK I'm turning my attention to humbuckers. Anyone know of a good source of slugs, pole piece screws, keepers etc in good old Britain? I know of Allparts of course, but I'm looking to buy quantity. Damn shame addiction-fx don't export any more ...

Originally posted by foonting View Post
    Having climbed the mountain of sourcing nice single coil bits in the disadvantaged UK I'm turning my attention to humbuckers. Anyone know of a good source of slugs, pole piece screws, keepers etc in good old Britain? I know of Allparts of course, but I'm looking to buy quantity. Damn shame addiction-fx don't export any more ...
    I thought they did export now.
    I heard that on here from someone.
    T
    http://www.addiction-fx.com/products.htm
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      I thought they did export now.
      I heard that on here from someone.
      T
      Alnico magnets Guitar pickups, Guitar magnets, Guitar baseplates
      Not as of this afternoon if their e bay adverts are to be believed!

Comment

Not as of this afternoon if their e bay adverts are to be believed!
        Use the website: Guitar pickups, Guitar magnets, Guitar baseplates
        Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
        Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
          Thank you LtKojak .... that's brilliant

Comment

Good luck with UPS int shipping being remotely affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
              Good luck with UPS int shipping being remotely affordable.
              A problem I agree. But in in the UK it's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place ... I don't want to buy one baseplate or one set of slugs ... I want to buy twenty plus sets at a time. More than happy to sell surplus on to other UK builders, but paying nearly four quid for a set of pole piece screws is having a laugh: they're chrome plated screws for god's sake not rocking horse poop! I sourced my custom single coil magnets (now supplied to me in batches of fifty, in my specified lengths for a quarter of the price of an Allparts equivalent), vintage spec eyelets, flatwork material (jig milled by myself to shape) ... I'm beggared if I'm going to fall at the humbucker parts hurdle!
              Perhaps I should be looking to sourcing in bulk from China ... much as it breaks my heart to do it ...

Comment

vintage spec eyelets
                And we all know the vintage spec eyelets sound better!

Heres another source for some humbucker parts on your side of the globe:

Andreas Pickup Parts

That's our own Mr.Candy.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                  And we all know the vintage spec eyelets sound better!

Heres another source for some humbucker parts on your side of the globe:

Andreas Pickup Parts

That's our own Mr.Candy.
                  lol! Well, of course! And vintage full-fat lead solder ... just lets that tone ooze out! Actually I have a roll of old solder and I swear it works far better than modern stuff. I've had the roll (it was a very larger roll once) since I was sixteen and worked in a local music store ... that males it at least thirty two years old. Hang on ... I see a unique selling point coming on!
                  On the serious side ... I started bu using StewMac eyelets, but 20% VAT added this side of the pond and shipping costs put a stop to that. Actually I wanted eyelets to match the StewMac tool I'd paid good money for ... and eventually found a source that gets me a thousand for the price i'd been paying for fifty. And they work ... they go through the flatwork and 'spread' in a delightfully toneful vintage way (toungue planted in cheek).
                  Thanks for the link too!

Comment

lol! Well, of course! And vintage full-fat lead solder ... just lets that tone ooze out! Actually I have a roll of old solder and I swear it works far better than modern stuff. I've had the roll (it was a very larger roll once) since I was sixteen and worked in a local music store ... that males it at least thirty two years old.
                    I had a huge roll that was my dad's that lasted a long time.

When you say "modern stuff" do you mean lead free solder?
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

As far as this side of the pond is concerned Foonting I managed to aquire abut 20kilo's of lead free a few years ago as I needed to track some down as I was running out. Shared it between a few Brit guys to keep us all going for the rest of our lives. No probs using it over here as long as it's not going into landfill in the next ten years and ok for repairs on old stuff. Well pickups are for life so that takes care of that little problem and the extra heat needed for the lead free stuff. It is still available if you look hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                        I had a huge roll that was my dad's that lasted a long time.

When you say "modern stuff" do you mean lead free solder?
                        They take lead out of everything these days ... fuel, paint ... gets so kids are growing up too smart and backchatting their elders! I had lead soldiers when I was a kid ... didn't no me no harm , I grew up to be a rock musician ... er?

Setiously though, I've never had much success with lead free solder ... gotta get the damn stuff so hot you risk screwing up the other components.

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
                          As far as this side of the pond is concerned Foonting I managed to aquire abut 20kilo's of lead free a few years ago as I needed to track some down as I was running out. Shared it between a few Brit guys to keep us all going for the rest of our lives. No probs using it over here as long as it's not going into landfill in the next ten years and ok for repairs on old stuff. Well pickups are for life so that takes care of that little problem and the extra heat needed for the lead free stuff. It is still available if you look hard enough.
                          I figure you aren't going to throw a pickup in a the trash, and mine are epoxy encapsulated anyway. The minuscule amount of lead in the minuscule amount of solder used is, well, minuscule.

They put those do not throw in the trash stickers on guitars for a reason!

Comment

Working...
                          X