Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild P-90??? Is anyone familiar?

Hey Guys,
    I'm new here. Been trolling for to long. Does anyone have any idea about the makeup of 50's guild p-90's? I found this pic if it helps. [url=http://curtisnovak.com/pickups/repairs/Guild-P90/index.shtml] I've got plenty of dc ratings from different pups, they are fairly inconsistent. My guess is that its an a2 mag with 42 gauge wire. I'm trying to wind something close for a build I'm currently working on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know the one you are talking about. All I remember about it is that it's very microphonic, and hums a lot.
    But that was in the day of lower gain amplifiers, so you really won't notice too much hum.
    If there is any specific info maybe Guild has it and will give you a copy, contact Guild, but don't get your hopes up too high. That was a long time ago.

Comment

its extremely similar pysically to a P-90 that is underwound- off the top of my head 5 to 6K DCR The only real difference is in how it mounts and the bottom metal plate is a little differnt shape- fiberboard bobbins PE coil wire, poles grounded with a spring wound between them underneath

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Frets View Post
        Hey Guys,
        I'm new here. Been trolling for to long. Does anyone have any idea about the makeup of 50's guild p-90's? I found this pic if it helps. [url=http://curtisnovak.com/pickups/repairs/Guild-P90/index.shtml] I've got plenty of dc ratings from different pups, they are fairly inconsistent. My guess is that its an a2 mag with 42 gauge wire. I'm trying to wind something close for a build I'm currently working on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        I have repaired one, the structure is very similar to classic P90, 2 magnet bars and a keeper, brass baseplate, 6x 5-40 filister screws, and 2x through fixing screws. The originality stands in 2 aluminium rivets in a forbon bobbin, and formvar(!) wire, not wax potted. I rewound it with 8300t of the same awg42 HFVR to get the same bobbin size. This pickup sounds really GREAT !
        Click image for larger version

Name:	guild P90 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	824290
        En mati?re de clonage, certains ont beaucoup d'avance sur nous, regardez les gaufres par exemple...

Comment

formvar is usually copper or goldish color- pe is dark purpleish brown to black

Comment

Working...
          X