Advice or Suggestions for a strat stacked single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Possum View Post
    thought I'd throw this in for you conspiracy fans. There exists actual samples of metal from the Roswell crash, bismuth featured strongly in the samples and was layered with two other metals, you think those things are hum cancelling?
    http://www.keelynet.com/rodbism.htm
    I can look up the details later, but there's a guy who figured out how to layer different metals and got them to produce a source of energy. The shape was important also.

He actually use it to kill all the insects in a field by pointing it at a map of the location! Then he destroyed all the objects he made lest they get into the wrong hands!

I think there's lot of stuff we either forgot or haven't learned yet.

Dave, this is a subject (ufo's etc.) I spend a lot of time with...
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Slightly related...

I modded a Squire guitar (the one that looks like a '51 P-Bass) for a guy, and he had me install a pickup I hadn't heard of before in the neck. It was a DiMarzio stacked pickup. It was a Virtual Vintage Solo Pro. Boy, that pickup sounded great in the neck position. I was very surprised.

Real interesting design too (the one similar to the Kinman). The top coil had 6 beveled A2 magnets. It has the U shaped shield around the upper coil contacting the bottoms of the magnets. The bottom coil has no magnets, but has 9 slugs, and 2 screws, which are also steel. The whole thing came out to 10.72 K. They say it "performs like a P90"

I wanted to not like it, but it was a great sounding pickup.

Gives me some ideas....
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

I've made a few stacked that sound ok and are dead quiet but they have no dynamics at all. The output was close to a single coil but I guess the lack of dynamics just makes them sound (feel) weaker.

Comment

I have a nice sounding Tele bridge stack I made, but it's really bright, which wasn't what I was going for. Has a great vintage Tele snap though. Good for chicken pickin'.

I realize why it's so bright... my particular setup is getting too much phase cancelation.

When I get the time I'm going to tinker with it.

Comment

UFOs...

My Dad is ex military and met another retired guy who was at the Roswell crash, no lie. There are some guys out there working on really out there technologies, I've heard some recent stories, these guys stay out of the public eye and hide from the government, there are for sure technologies that would get rid of oil fire machines like cars but it ain't gonna happen probably in our lifetimes. Corporate America and the military industrial complex won't let that shit hit the public market.

As much as we all dislike DiMarzio, those guys do seem to know what they are doing, just read some of the patents. They sure use cheap crap materials though, if you've ever rewound one....
            http://www.SDpickups.com
            Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

My Dad is ex military and met another retired guy who was at the Roswell crash, no lie. There are some guys out there working on really out there technologies, I've heard some recent stories, these guys stay out of the public eye and hide from the government, there are for sure technologies that would get rid of oil fire machines like cars but it ain't gonna happen probably in our lifetimes. Corporate America and the military industrial complex won't let that shit hit the public market.
              I'd love to hear some of your stories some time!

Have you heard about this:

Lt. Walter G. Haut, Roswell base public information officer "Deathbed" affidavit to seeing spacecraft & bodies

As much as we all dislike DiMarzio, those guys do seem to know what they are doing, just read some of the patents. They sure use cheap crap materials though, if you've ever rewound one....
              I've unwound some old SDHB's in the past. I was very surprised how good this virtual pro sounded. It was juicy as hell. Great Strat neck tone.

I'm sorry I didn't take more time to takes readings and stuff. I only looked at it's construction, and remembered the patent it's based on. Now I want to know how each coil was wound and with what gauge wire and all.

I had to get the guitar finished and couldn't afford to break the guys pickup, or to try and repair it.

Comment

Working...
              X