Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Source for (affordable) Custom Sized Bar Mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PoorMan View Post
    Magnetic Hold a minimum order of 500 units for something like this. That's far too many for this project.

They said they may be able to grind down some magnets of a similar size.
    I you care to share the dimensions ,another member/members could be interested in buying some as well
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

You might also try AZ Industries in Arkansas.
      Why not just email Sensmag, if they are hungry for work they will bid it at a reasonable price, if not well you haven't lost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian L View Post
        Being new -First of all, Hello, everyone.
        I assume the different materials give different tone qualities?
        Welcome to the forum!

Yes, you can get some different tones from different kinds of magnets, but you can also get pickup with different magnets to sound very similar.

In general, stronger magnets sound brighter. So replacing an alnico II magnet in a humbucker for a Ceramic 8 will make it louder and brighter, and vice versa. But then you hear pickup with steel poles and ceramic magnets in Fenders that often sound very close to the alnico pickups. The odd ones out are neos, which even though very strong, can often get very bassy sounding.

For some magnet sizes you have no choice but to go with ceramic or neo magnets, such as the very slim magnets used in dual rail single coil size humbuckers.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Is anyone else having an issue with the double posting bug? I did a quick test and it seems to be with Safari and not Firefox.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            Is anyone else having an issue with the double posting bug?
            Not me.
            Not me.
            DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

I got a run of 10 magnets that were normal Al8 bar magnets but the length dimension was 3.5 inches - I think the price was around $5 each from Allstar. I remember it being pretty reasonable.

Comment

That's odd. I talk to Shea via email regarding special dimensions and have had zero communication problems. They will make you Alnico rods and bars in damn near any dimensions you want.

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                He is a little bit hard to communicate with.
                Be real specific what you require, and ask lots of questions on pricing and volume.
                It seemed everything was pretty vague, and took lots of emails to get much info.
                Good Luck,
                T

Comment

Working...
                X