Where does this part go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does this part go

Im making some lipstick pickups and Im not sure what to do with the part that is circled below. NOTE: The original picture is not mine. I snatched it from a different lipstick thread on the forum. Any help would be much appreciated. -AlexClick image for larger version

Name:	lipstick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	231.7 KB
ID:	865395Click image for larger version

Name:	part.png
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	865396

Originally posted by windycityblues View Post
    Im making some lipstick pickups and Im not sure what to do with the part that is circled below. NOTE: The original picture is not mine. I snatched it from a different lipstick thread on the forum. Any help would be much appreciated. -Alex[ATTACH=CONFIG]18492[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18493[/ATTACH]
    I built one of those GUSA kits a couple years back.
    I think the terminal in your picture is for the shield ground on the outside of the pickup.
    It will depend on what kind of lead wire you are using how to connect it.
    If you are using 1 wire with ground (bare push back wire),you would connect the ground shield to it.
    then run one wire in the tube for the output lead (start or finish).
    Then you would have to wire from the remaining start or finish, a wire From the inside of the tube to the terminal on the outside of the tube.
    That would complete the circuit.
    Let us know what hookup wire you have and we can advise accordingly.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Ill be using shielded wire that has two wires inside the shielding.

Comment

That goes around one of the screws that holds the pickup to the mounting bracket. Then solder a ground wire to it.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by windycityblues View Post
          Ill be using shielded wire that has two wires inside the shielding.
          That is better.
          Gound the shield to the lug, and screw like David said.
          Then take the 2 wires in the pickup and use a one for start and one for finish.
          Then If necessary you can flip the wires to change polarity, if the pickups are out of phase, in a combined arrangement.
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Working...
          X