Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for open style humbucker bobbins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjb View Post
    Methinks he wants to make a pickup that looks like something like a Duckbucker- but with 2 offset, half-length coils.
    Instead of using 2 full coils, he would saw out 3 "cylinders" from each bobbin, and wind the coil around the remaining 3.
    Or maybe not.
    I don't know if he'd have trouble drilling the tapped holes to accommodate A5 rods.
    The Duckbucker has two full length coils, but only half the pole pieces installed. The vintage rail is the same way:

The coil is wound all the way around.

But I agree, he wants to do a split coil pickup.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyKikuchiyo View Post
      AAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, okay. I thought you were talking about open covers and closed covers, thinking the bobbins themselves were constructed differently to use covers or not. I guess I jumped to that because I have had people ask me questions like that recently not realizing that the cover was really the only difference. My apologies!
      No need for any apologies. I think you just probably misread my initial post.
      I do the same thing all the time

Thanks all!

Comment

Originally posted by rjb View Post
        Methinks he wants to make a pickup that looks like something like a Duckbucker- but with 2 offset, half-length coils.
        Instead of using 2 full coils, he would saw out 3 "cylinders" from each bobbin, and wind the coil around the remaining 3.
        Exactly right!

Comment

Working...
        X