X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker Newbie Question

Hi Pickup Guru's,

I need some advise please -

I have wound 2 humbuckers for my new guitar. I usually follow the Seymour Duncan color codes as follows -

Slug Bobbin - Start BLACK / Finish WHITE
    Screw Bobbin - Start GREEN / Finish RED

My neck pickup is wired as above but I accidentally mixed up the bobbins and wound my bridge pickup as follows

Slug Bobbin - Start GREEN / Finish RED
    Screw Bobbin - Start BLACK / Finish RED

Both pickups now have the Red & White leads soldered together. I get correct readings for both pickups except
    obviously, my bridge pickup now has the green and black wires mixed up.

What allowances do I need to make now when I go to wire them up ? Is it simply a matter of just soldering the green in place of black and visa-versa ?

I have no plans to do any coil tapping, I will just be using a standard 1 VOLUME, 1 TONE and a 3 way Toggle switch.

Thanks

Pickup Newbie..

If wiring the finishes together is correct for the neck pickup, it would also be right for the bridge pickup.

Originally posted by fletch View Post
    Hi Pickup Guru's,

I need some advise please -

I have wound 2 humbuckers for my new guitar. I usually follow the Seymour Duncan color codes as follows -

Slug Bobbin - Start BLACK / Finish WHITE
    Screw Bobbin - Start GREEN / Finish RED

My neck pickup is wired as above but I accidentally mixed up the bobbins and wound my bridge pickup as follows

Slug Bobbin - Start GREEN / Finish RED
    Screw Bobbin - Start BLACK / Finish RED

Both pickups now have the Red & White leads soldered together. I get correct readings for both pickups except
    obviously, my bridge pickup now has the green and black wires mixed up.

What allowances do I need to make now when I go to wire them up ? Is it simply a matter of just soldering the green in place of black and visa-versa ?

I have no plans to do any coil tapping, I will just be using a standard 1 VOLUME, 1 TONE and a 3 way Toggle switch.

Thanks

Pickup Newbie..

Comment

So your finish wires go soldered together anyway,& if you only mixed up the green & black
      Solder the black with the bare wire to the ground & the green to the hot
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Perfect, exactly what I needed to know. Thanks gents

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
        So your finish wires go soldered together anyway,& if you only mixed up the green & black
        Solder the black with the bare wire to the ground & the green to the hot

Comment

Working...
        X