Mini Baseplates that take standard bucker mount screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Baseplates that take standard bucker mount screws

All the ones I've found take larger screws. Anybody know where to get some that take the same mount screws as full size humbuckers?

Funny I was just thinking about this
    I have a bunch of mini humbucker screws from Mojotone that don't fit the baseplates from Mojotone
    so all my mini baseplates from mojo use a standard 3-48 humbucker screw
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
      Funny I was just thinking about this
      I have a bunch of mini humbucker screws from Mojotone that don't fit the baseplates from Mojotone
      so all my mini baseplates from mojo use a standard 3-48 humbucker screw
      I just bought some mini humbucker baseplates from Mojo about a month and a half ago and they have the same threads for the pickup height mounting screw as the Allparts ones that I was using before. It is a 3mm x0.5mm thread. Allparts didn't have the mounting screws so I have been using some 30mm long stainless ones from BoltDepot. They don't look too bad, but I see that Mojo has the nickel 3mm ones now, which might look a little better.
      www.sonnywalton.com
      How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
        I just bought some mini humbucker baseplates from Mojo about a month and a half ago and they have the same threads for the pickup height mounting screw as the Allparts ones that I was using before. It is a 3mm x0.5mm thread. Allparts didn't have the mounting screws so I have been using some 30mm long stainless ones from BoltDepot. They don't look too bad, but I see that Mojo has the nickel 3mm ones now, which might look a little better.
        I like the 4x40x1-1/4 stainless I get at Micro Fastners.
        I have a 4x40 tap I use.
        I use them for most everything.
        T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyW View Post
          I thought it was quite funny ,I had these slightly larger screws from Mojo for minibuckers that don't fit anything
          All my mini/firebird parts was purchased about a year ago so who knows

Comment

There may be a misunderstanding here. I'm not talking about the 6 pole screws but the 2 mount screws.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
              There may be a misunderstanding here. I'm not talking about the 6 pole screws but the 2 mount screws.
              & that's what I was referring to the mounting screws that go through the legs
              I made a set of firebird pup's this morning & the take the standard humbucker screw

Comment

I was talking about the 2 mounting screws in my post also. Evidently at one time the Mojo parts that copperheadroads got took the standard humbucker mount screws 3-48 UNC, but the ones I got a couple of months ago are like yours with the larger M3-0.5 metric thread, which is the same as the Allparts baseplates have too.
                www.sonnywalton.com
                How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

My misunderstanding then. Where can these plates with the 3-48 mount holes be found?

Comment

Ok here's the deal ,Mojotone actually carries 2 different mini baseplates
                    the vintage long leg (which is the style I have) uses the standard 3-48 humbucker mounting screw .In the link ,look at the parts list below plate
                    Mojotone Nickel Silver Long Leg Mini Humbucker Frame 50mm (1.97'')
                    The other mini baseplate is a short leg style that uses m3 screws
                    Mojotone Nickel Silver Short Leg Mini Humbucker Frame 50mm (1.97'')

Comment

That should do it -- thanks Copperhead. You from down South with a name like that?

Comment

That should do it -- thanks Copperhead. You from down South with a name like that?
                        No Im from the north
                        Up here!!! we make toques Not Nukes .......

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                          No Im from the north
                          Up here!!! we make toques Not Nukes .......
                          I always love the fact that I never see Canada on the news!
                          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I was thinking of the species of snake, not fissionable materials.

Comment

Working...
                            X