Duncan Wiring Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
    Yeah, Robert Bosch sheesh! I stay clear of anything that says "Bosch".
    (and fully expect the router to fail prematurely too)
    Do´nt they make Dremels now? they seem to be getting worse with every new model, and i´ve got a feeling that their burrs are made from that famous chinese steel (cadburys, Lindt, Hershey) they last about 5 mins before burning out soft or what!

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
      Yeah, Robert Bosch sheesh! except for the Colt (router) on my CNC router, I stay clear of anything that says "Bosch".
      (and fully expect the router to fail prematurely too)
      I can't complain took much, because the car was 20 years old when I got it, and it lasted me another eight years or so. I was going to restore it, but then I had gotten married and sold it and got a real car. lol

British cars had even worse electrical systems. They must have fixed that because you see an awful lot of Jaguars these days.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
        Don't they make Dremels now? they seem to be getting worse with every new model, and i've got a feeling that their burrs are made from that famous chinese steel (cadburys, Lindt, Hershey) they last about 5 mins before burning out soft or what!
        Yeah, since '93, which is around when they started getting bad. One of the first things they did was place the bearings too close together so you get a lot of runout in the bit. Makes them hard to use for inlay work.

I still have my Dremel I bought back in the early 90s. Works like a champ, and I use it almost every day.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Do´nt they make Dremels now?
          Just because it's a pet peeve of mine, ´ is not an apostrophe! It's an acute accent. It's better to use ' as an apostrophe because it keeps the letters closer together. If you are trying to do a "curly" apostrophe, then it's: ’

That might look the same, but look how it works in words, like Don’t as compared to Don´t. If you can't figure out how to execute that, just type Don't with the "typewriter" quote marks.

Also you see people on the internet using a grave accent along with an acute accent as a quotation marks like `this´ and that's no better! They want to do ‘this’ instead.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
            Just because it's a pet peeve of mine, ´ is not an apostrophe! It's an acute accent. It's better to use ' as an apostrophe because it keeps the letters closer together.....
            OK, back to our regularly scheduled program.
            Waldo, tomorrow we'll work on that colon of yours

Comment

Sorry about that David

It's my German keyboard, I never noticed it until now, I just found the right key '''''''!!!!!

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Sorry about that David

It's my German keyboard, I never noticed it until now, I just found the right key '''''''!!!!!

Cheers

Andrew
                It's a common thing on the interwebs. And my post was quite tongue in cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                  I can't complain took much, because the car was 20 years old when I got it, and it lasted me another eight years or so. I was going to restore it, but then I had gotten married and sold it and got a real car....
                  Reminds me of one I had between marriages. Me and a buddy used to go to the Tow Company auctions and buy cars, I got a Datsun B210 fastback (now that's a laugh, B210 "fast" back!) which had a great body no dents, low miles etc, and a Nissan 200SX which had a new "L" series crate-motor in it with a pair of side-draft Webers, got both cars for $30.00. Took the "L" engine out of the 200SX, dropped in in the B210 and had a cheap (and fast) daily driver. That car lasted me 10 years, I sold it for $200 bucks the guy still drives it today!, that might have been the best $30 bucks I ever spent.
                  -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

No Problem David, there's no good reason for me to be lazy and not get it right. Never to old to learn.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                    X