Dimensions of Mags in Dano Lipstick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions of Mags in Dano Lipstick

What size are the mags in the original Dano Lipstick pickups? I have two of them but I'm afraid to open them. I want to make an overwound third one and put them in strat a la SRV (I know, nobody's done that before LOL). I need it for a recording

Anyone know whether SRV's were wound light to heavy from neck to bridge like a "calibrated" strat set, or just all the old style?

I don't have an original but I do have what is supposed to be a repro. The mag measures: 2.25 x .50 x .20.
    I have no ideas about the SRVs being calibrated or not. I prefer the neck and middle to be the same and the bridge a touch warmer.
    Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

MAgnut, were the repros ceramic of alnico?

Comment

Oh, sorry for the necro reply. It is an alnico. The ends are half rounded. In other words if you were to put two together it would be an oval. Like this: http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j0...s-REM-012-.jpg
        Roadhouse Pickups

Comment

I had a customer shop Duncan set in a Strat and those were more like Strat pickups...the bridge was 6.57k, the middle was 6.17k, and the neck was 5.93k. The inductance of all were around 1.6 henries at 1k, and I had insisted on a scatter wind using an alnico 6 magnet. They sounded great, with a very quacky and percussive sound when compared to Strat pickups. I ended up selling them to a friend who really wanted them. I don't know if SRV's were vintage 4k-ish or something like these ones but this recipe did sound good.

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X