One of David King's basses on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
    they're both Davids basses! (he even put a curly que on the top version) Success for many a small builder lies in being MORE derivative sadly, but I'm sure the internals are still up to DKs level of innovation.
    Which are both David's basses? I was talking abut the name "Fauxderra" which is similar to a Fodera "singlecut." It's a play on words. I thought it was very clever.

The photo I posted was a
    Fodera.

The single cutaway (I hate the term "singlecut", too lazy to add the last part of the word?) basses like this have become popular, and it's hard to make them look different, and also not clumsy looking. David's bass is very nice in that regard. The conturing on the top is rather nice.

As a bass player, I think there's only a handful of interesting boutique basses on the market, from a visual design perspective, and David's are on that list. There are some truly UGLY boutique instruments out there. I'm sure they play well, but they look like a$$ IMHO.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
    X