My first mini-bucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first mini-bucker

Itīs a mini for jazz,wood cover.Your opinions please.
    Achiles Jazz Guitar - YouTube

Originally posted by Achiles View Post
    Itīs a mini for jazz,wood cover.Your opinions please.
    Achiles Jazz Guitar - YouTube
    Very nice. I'm no expert, but to me it really does have that jazz guitar tone. Good craftsmanship on the guitar and the pickup both and good playing too. For a first time on making a minibucker, I would say it is excellent.
    www.sonnywalton.com
    How many guitars do you need? Just one more.

Comment

I understood the word "pau-ferro" - my portuguese is that good.
      Achiles, the guitar sounds great, eyes closed, no one would guess it's a solid body I bet.

Comment

Sounds beautiful. How many k ohms is the p/up wound to?

Comment

Bryan,8k8 44 ceramic.
          David the idea is to have a fat guitar sound in a small body,actually itīs a chambared guitar (all mohagany body set in mohogany neck)

Comment

I'm always glad when someone plays some really good music really well. Was that "Everything I love?"

The heavier flatwound strings are an important factor on a dedicated solid-body jazz guitar; I have a '62 Melody Maker with a single pickup (one of mine, a surface mount) that has pretty heavy flats on it and it's my main jazz axe for relatively traditional contexts. Flesh has a beautiful attack (although I think you used a pick for some of it, and that sounds very good as well.)

Does the Apogee setup include amp simulation?

Did you try a bunch of wire/turns combinations besides the one we hear?

Almost fergot to say, I do like the pickup also!

Bob Palmieri
            Last edited by fieldwrangler; 08-23-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Achiles View Post
              Bryan,8k8 44 ceramic.
              David the idea is to have a fat guitar sound in a small body,actually itīs a chambared guitar (all mohagany body set in mohogany neck)
              Very nice gigging instrument. Do you find the ceramic magnet works better for this application than Alnico?

Comment

Originally posted by fieldwrangler View Post
                I'm always glad when someone plays some really good music really well. Was that "Everything I love?"

The heavier flatwound strings are an important factor on a dedicated solid-body jazz guitar; I have a '62 Melody Maker with a single pickup (one of mine, a surface mount) that has pretty heavy flats on it and it's my main jazz axe for relatively traditional contexts. Flesh has a beautiful attack (although I think you used a pick for some of it, and that sounds very good as well.)

Does the Apogee setup include amp simulation?

Did you try a bunch of wire/turns combinations besides the one we hear?

Almost fergot to say, I do like the pickup also!

Bob Palmieri
                Ernie Ball ,011 rw.
                Genil Castro told me he did not use any simulatiom.
                Ceramic is ok for this pickup architecture,Alnico gave a "fog" sound and neo gave me a spicy top-end.
                Iīve tryed diferents bobbin shapes and a lot of wire/turns/pole pieces.

Comment

Beautiful guitar and playing! Thats a wonderful jazz tone.
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                  www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                  X