Parts sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts sources

I've seen several posts hear regarding new sources (other than SM, GJ, AP) for things like baseplates, bobbins, covers etc. However none of these seem to have materialized (although I could have easily missed it). If so, who other than the prior mentioned companies does everybody go to for quality parts? Specifically, I'm interested in one place to go to for all things p90. Thanks.

unfortunately, those are the main vendors. If you don't like what they have or if you want to differentiate yourself from competitors, or if you want to avoid the hassles of parts availability (running out of parts) you'll have to get your own parts custom made. For example, there are a few folks on the forum, including myself, who have had or are having custom polepiece screws made.

Other folks are making their own parts to thier own specs and quality standards.

In my experiences getting quotes for custom baseplates, if you're having your parts made, be prepared to pay quite a bit for tooling. It's expensive initially,....but it will cut costs in the long run and you can control the quality of your parts.
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

And....If you don't have the clientel to move....your going to waste your money. I make all my parts now (almost), and it was never because of money, or availablity (been lucky there), but more so proper, and different materials that some designs require. Jesus, don't let me get my hands on a Screw machine, or find a reliable injection mold.......That would probably be another 2 yrs learning, and another yr perfecting....LOL....yrs gone by.....

Comment

Working...
      X