Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squier Humbucker

Hello,
    I have recently acquired a humbucker pickup from an HSS squier. It measures 19.11 ohms. Is it worth cutting into the pick guard to install it ? It seems it would be a bit hot and possibly over power middle and neck pickups. Any input would be appreciated.

Install it into what? What is your goal?
    The pickups in a squier, even the ones marked 'Duncan Designed', are generally not sought-after for their quality. If you are building a Frankenmutt, and want to modify the pickups for the sheer heck of it, then go ahead; experiment to your heart's content! I have modded heavily several guitars, and have learned much from the effort. I *wouldn't* say that I've enhanced the value of any of them
    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by SpareRibs View Post
      Hello,
      I have recently acquired a humbucker pickup from an HSS squier. It measures 19.11 ohms. Is it worth cutting into the pick guard to install it ? It seems it would be a bit hot and possibly over power middle and neck pickups. Any input would be appreciated.
      Why Modify a pickguard?
      If the strat is routed to except a Humbucker, I would buy an aftermarket HSS pickguard .
      That will give you more options, and You can always go back to the original SSS Pickguard.
      Mojotone Electric Guitar Pickguard for American Strat HSS Red Tortoise 3 Ply
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by SpareRibs View Post
        ...It measures 19.11 ohms.....

Are you sure about that? because 19.11 Ohms is rather low for a guitar pickup.
        -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
        X