Help Identifing Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifing Pickups

Im hoping someone can help me with this. I aquired 2 pickups years ago and put them away. I remember them being PRS but im not 100 percent sure . Any Ideas if they are for sure and possible year? etc. they both use to have a label on the bottom that 1 said treble and 1 said bass. both labels are gone now. Any help would be great. Thanks

Pictures alone are not enough.

They can as well be a couple of p'ups made from a StewMac kit.

DC readings and type of magnet might help as well.

Well?
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
      They can as well be a couple of p'ups made from a StewMac kit.
      Which would sound better than the PRS pickups!

(and probably why they were removed from the guitar...I've replaced lots of them)
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

It's a Humbucker!

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
          It's a Humbucker!
          I agree, and looks like a good candidate for a Rewind.
          Once rewound you will know most of whats in it!
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

I am thinking maybe some OEM pickup made by Dimarzio. They made non stamped versions and custom spec versions for manufacturers since the 70's. They also liked using 3 conductor wire for a long time.

Comment

Doesn't look like DiMarzio's cable though.

Could be anything. I have a bunch of generic humbuckers that look just like that from Squire guitars.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
              X