DiMarzio FS1 pickup help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiMarzio FS1 pickup help please

Hi all nice to meet you, I am new to this forum and finding the answer to my question has been proving more difficult for me than finding out the meaning of life! So please can you answer two questions if you can -
    1) Which direction the recent production DiMarzio FS1 pickup is wound?
    2) Are they magnetized south or north up?

I am having a middle pick up hand wound and the winder needs to know the information to get the best out of the centre position pickup I am having made.

Many thanks
    Jon Prothero

Originally posted by jon prothero View Post
    Hi all nice to meet you, I am new to this forum and finding the answer to my question has been proving more difficult for me than finding out the meaning of life! So please can you answer two questions if you can -
    1) Which direction the recent production DiMarzio FS1 pickup is wound?
    2) Are they magnetized south or north up?

I am having a middle pick up hand wound and the winder needs to know the information to get the best out of the centre position pickup I am having made.

Many thanks
    Jon Prothero
    Your winder should be able to figure all this out on his own.
    The pickup is a bridge pickup wound to 13.35k A5 magnet.
    Most bridge single coils are South up, Clockwise.
    If the magnets are properly taped? The Tape will keep from shorting to the start lead.
    All you have to do is swap the wires at the switch if the polarity is wrong?
    Here's a vid that was just posted that has a lot of info on it.
    This for a humbucker, but some good general pickup info.
    Identifying Pickup Wires & Polarities - Humbucker - YouTube
    Last edited by big_teee; 03-30-2013, 12:56 AM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Working...
    X