Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What winding direction on the baja Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What winding direction on the baja Pickups?

Hi everybody. I have this Baja PUs on my table. Did all the measurement etc. but forgot to check the winding direction on both before I took off the old wire. The magnets on both, the neck and bridge PU are north polarity by the way. Anyone knows?

Originally posted by Telemachos View Post
    Hi everybody. I have this Baja PUs on my table. Did all the measurement etc. but forgot to check the winding direction on both before I took off the old wire. The magnets on both, the neck and bridge PU are north polarity by the way. Anyone knows?
    Don't know how your pickups are made, if they are alnico rods or what.
    I would make one South up, and one north up.
    Then wind one, CW and One CCW.
    My Method, right or wrong is I wind the bridge North up CCW, with Yellow and black lead wire.
    I make the neck South up.
    I wind the neck pickup CCW upside down, mounted on the top.
    Then when you take it off the winder it is CW, South up.
    I use white and black on the neck.
    Thus RWRP in Position 2.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Baja has the CS broadcaster wound CCW ,the start wire is on the right eyelet when facing you or the lower eyelet when installed & with both magnets north the TT neck should be wound the same unless you want to reorient the magnets south for RW/RP
      "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
        Baja has the CS broadcaster wound CCW ,the start wire is on the right eyelet when facing you or the lower eyelet when installed & with both magnets north the TT neck should be wound the same unless you want to reorient the magnets south for RW/RP
        Know it all......

Comment

Well, it's the Fender Baja Telecaster set that is sitting in stock Baja tele w. this 4 Way schematic and the push push function in thew volume pot. It's a friends guitar that I want to upgrade w. my winding. As I nsaid, both pU are north polarization. I want to solder all the wires back to their orig points, so the tricky Baja controls work like the<'re meant to do.
          The strange thing is that both PU are north. Maybe it just don't matter as for the winding direction but I'm notz sure. I was searching the net b8ut no one seems to ever had the idea to rewind those PU that I didn't take notes on this.

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
            Thank you Canada, you made my day

Comment

Originally posted by Telemachos View Post
              ........that I didn't take notes on this.
              Man this desk makes me crazy. 'I'm a pin head that I didn't take notes on this.

Comment

A quick picture with the cell phone has saved me a bunch of times
                Last edited by copperheadroads; 04-12-2013, 07:49 PM.
                "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Working...
                X