Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's got an OLD STYLE EMG SSS wiring schematic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's got an OLD STYLE EMG SSS wiring schematic ?

Looks like Google in my enemy today, as I haven't been able to find a schematic to wire an old-style Active EMG S set to a pickguard. Nothing fancy, 5-way switch, 1 Vol, 2 Tones. I just can't figure out how to deal with the battery and the stereo jack I was given... most probably due to senile dementia, nothing to worry 'bout at my age!

Can somebody help me?

Pretty please...?
    Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy

Is this a solderless setup with the emg solderless switch?
    I found this page, maybe it will help.
    Electric Guitar Pickups & Accessories - EMG Pickups
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Positive side of circuit as normal,, negative from battery to stereo ring conection on jack socket which allows mono jack to short it to earth side of circuit.

Comment

The red wires from the pickups connect to the red wire on the battery clip. The black wire on the battery clip goes to the ring contact on the jack.

This is from one of their older diagrams.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1EMG1V1T.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	829508
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I think I got it.

Thank you very much for the help, folks.

Much appreciated!

Yours truly,
          Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
          Milano, Italy

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            Is this a solderless setup with the emg solderless switch?
            I found this page, maybe it will help.
            Electric Guitar Pickups & Accessories - EMG Pickups
            No, Tee; it was the old stuff, which is not present in their site anymore, and I just can't figure out WHY they didn't keep the old schematics.
            Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
            Milano, Italy

Comment

Keep this on file Pepe and you other guys Wiring Book.

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
                Hey man, this link is an excellent resource for everybody that got old active EMG p'ups to deal with.

Thank you very much, Jonson. Really appreciated!

EDIT: where is the "applause" emoticon when you REALLY need one, uh?

I guess this board is not high on emoticons, I can see. Oh, well!
                Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
                Milano, Italy

Comment

That sites been around for a while, but we all know sites and links come and go. I won't stick it all on here but I have got it all stored in one folder which I will e-mail to David later today and as moderator he can keep it on file for future use..

Comment

Apparently I got that diagram I posted from Jonson's link. I remembered looking through those files after he posted it again.
                    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by jonson View Post
                      I have spent hours and hours scouring the webscape looking for specific EMG wiring diagrams to the point of bashing my head against a wall.

What a wonderful resourse,thank you so much for posting this link.

If this wasn't the 29th ot 30th of december you'd be on my Xmas card list for sure.

RD

Comment

Working...
                      X