Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schematic for st54-ls jap clapton strat needed

Hi All
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but has anyone the wiring diagram for a Japanese clapton strat st54-ls. Someones made a dogs dinner of the wiring and the owner has asked me to fix it.

Cheers

Andrew

Something like this ...Maybe ?
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
      Someones made a dogs dinner of the wiring and the owner has asked me to fix it.
      I'm amazed at how many guitars and basses come to me with the wiring messed up by…. guitar techs. And even some gifted builders. if it's not a passive vintage style wiring, they have no clue.

A while back someone brought me their Jazz bass, which had active EMGs, and complained that after a fairly well known builder had installed a Sadowsky preamp, we was getting almost no volume. He said the builder said the active pickups aren't made to work with a preamp. Considering that EMG sells preamps, that's obviously nonsense.

So after trying the bass out, I lifted the control plate to look at the wiring, and I notice the shielded coax cables from the EMGs were replaced with unshielded twisted wire.. and there were no power wires to the battery!

Ummmmm. No.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

At least he kept it nice and clean. Some of the emgs will let a little signal through with no Vs so it might have worked sort-of

You are making us all a little suspicious by leaving that pair of orange scissors in plain sight.

Comment

Hi Copperheads

Thanks. Nice pic but thats the standard clapton strat wiring. The one i've got is a Japanese model with a different circuit board. It's probably going to be similar but I don't want to spend all day going through the board to figure out whats what. So if anyones got a wiring diagram of a Japanese Clapton Strat please please please. Ta in advance.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X