Mojo Jazz bass flatwork size...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojo Jazz bass flatwork size...

I've found, through an ordering faux pas, that Mojo's Jazz bass flatwork does not fit regular American covers. Have you guys found this to be true? Both the neck and the bridge are a little too narrow. Any ideas which other covers would fit them, if any, in a pinch?

John, please post the dimensions. I have a stack of covers I can measure here.

Comment

I noticed that the lose flat work, and the pre assembled Jazz bobbins are slightly different. I use the preassembled bobbins and they fit the covers they sell. The other ones are slightly off.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
        I noticed that the lose flat work, and the pre assembled Jazz bobbins are slightly different. I use the preassembled bobbins and they fit the covers they sell. The other ones are slightly off.
        David, this is exactly what I've found. Have you found any brands of pickup cover, other than the ones they sell, that fit them? I'm trying to figure out why they would do them slightly differently, when their strat and tele flatwork is normal spacing.

Comment

Email David Sheppard at mojotone.
          He said that he wanted to know when we have problems.
          david@mojotone.com
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Awesome, thanks Terry!

Comment

Originally posted by John Carlsen View Post
              Awesome, thanks Terry!
              You might want to mention in Your email that he could also address it here on the forum.
              They like emails so they don't have to address the group, but we would all like to know why their flatwork can't be a uniform size?
              Please post here what Answer you get back from Mojo.
              Thanks,
              T
              Last edited by big_teee; 12-01-2013, 12:39 AM.
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                John, please post the dimensions. I have a stack of covers I can measure here.
                Haven't heard of this, but am interested as well. Here's the dimension from mojo as measured by me.

Bridge 3.609" x .620" with 2.300" string spacing

Neck 3.488" x .616" with 2.187" string spacing

String spacing is an "eyeball" so may not be as accurate as outside dimensions.

Thanks
                Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by John Carlsen View Post
                  David, this is exactly what I've found. Have you found any brands of pickup cover, other than the ones they sell, that fit them? I'm trying to figure out why they would do them slightly differently, when their strat and tele flatwork is normal spacing.
                  I mentioned this to them at the time. Might have been when Tom was there.

I prefer to use the assembled bobbins, and I make very few single coil Jazz pickups, so I didn't pursue the issue.
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                  www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                  X