Disappointed w. Mojotone's Tele Bridge White Cotton Pickup String

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed w. Mojotone's Tele Bridge White Cotton Pickup String

I bought a 6,000 feet spool of Mojotone's Tele Bridge White Cotton Pickup String but was totally disappointed to realize that the string is way smaller in diameter than what you usually find in orig. Tele PUs and even on most aftermarket pickups. Anyone knows of a source that sells the correct string, preferrably inblack and white color?

Use 3M #11 cloth pickup tape.
    It is neater, easier, and barely visible through the tele bridge.
    This is 2014, & I don't think anyone cares about that old stuff anymore.
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Well, there are customers and customers. I have quite some customers that want to install them pickups int their orig. vintage guitars and some want to put them into their fake vintage guitars such as aged custom shop models. Both favor a vintage look. Some are restorers, some simply don't care. There is no general rule from my experience

Comment

Hi

Just pop along to your local Haberdashery‎ shop and buy a roll of thick cotton thread comes in many colours and you should be able to get it at a vintage price !

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
          Hi

Just pop along to your local Haberdashery‎ shop and buy a roll of thick cotton thread comes in many colours and you should be able to get it at a vintage price !

Cheers

Andrew
          Haberdashery, You must not be in the States?
          Sure not a word used often in the Southern 48.
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

There's gotta be plenty of diy or garden shops in DR so nip along and find a roll of cotton 7 strand white of the right diameter and add black boot polish to a wax pot the same as Fender did.

Comment

Yeah guys, I'm gonna do just that. It was a stupid idea to buy it from MT anyway but as I was ordering parts, I thought I would add this spool to the cart too. Didn't expect it to be that thin.
              Thanks again

Comment

Hi Big T

Just outside of Vienna Austria Europe (Not Australia. I wish the U.S.P.S. people knew the difference you'd be amazed how much post gets directed there, and takes forever to find it's way back)

Cheers

Andrew
                Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                Haberdashery, You must not be in the States?
                Sure not a word used often in the Southern 48.

Comment

I just buy it at the hardware store. I am not sure of the brand I like, but it comes on a cone shaped spool.

Comment

bOUGHT ALL kinds of string from Mojo,Stew Mac ....All parts ...Fx Addiction ..........& have a few vintage Tele bridge pickups in my shop for repair ,................n the string .......................????????????????
                    All my string comes from the dollar store now ..Something like 2 spools for a buck or less .......... give your head a shake - It was the simpe-list butcher chord used hense (cheapest) used on the genuine Original Fender Tele pups
                    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

It's not easy to find string w/o synthetic content woven into it. Not a nice incredient to have in your potting can.

Comment

Originally posted by Telemachos View Post
                        It's not easy to find string w/o synthetic content woven into it. Not a nice incredient to have in your potting can.
                        The string has 0 influence on tone ...
                        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Especially if you tie the guitarists hands up with it.

Cheers

Andrew
                          Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
                          The string has 0 influence on tone ...

Comment

Working...
                          X