Minihum baseplates that take regular humbucker mount screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minihum baseplates that take regular humbucker mount screws

I think Mojo used to sell these but I don't see them there anymore. Anybody know where these can be found?

Wow ..my supply of the same plates are getting low ...I have always used the plates with longer legs & use #3-48 mounting screws & never used the other plates ......another ripple in the world of buying parts (I hope not )
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I've always used the type in the mojo kits, that have shorter legs, and use the larger diameter screws.
      I use the 4x40 stainless screws, I use them some on full sized humbuckers also.
      What is the advantage of the longer legged base plates with the smaller screws?
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        What is the advantage of the longer legged base plates with the smaller screws?
        T
        No advantage to the longer legs I can think of but a lot of customers are looking to replace minis in Firebirds or in guitars with pickguard mounts and don't want to widen the mount screw holes to fit the larger screws. Has cost me a few sales.

I suppose I could JB Weld them shut and redrill/rethread but it would look tacky and thus so would I.

Comment

Working...
        X