A Windows Stereo Soundcard Oscilloscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Windows Stereo Soundcard Oscilloscope

I follow an electronic-design newsgroup, and a number of people have reported good results with Daqarta.

I have a Tek scope, and so have never myself used Daqarta, but this product could be useful to forum denizens, and these electronics designers know a good scope from a bad scope.

The software cost $30, or $100 for the pro version. You do need a Windows box with a soundcard.

Daqarta v7.50

Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
    Scope - Spectrum - Spectrogram - Signal Generator
    Software for Windows
    Science with your Sound Card!
    Last edited by Joe Gwinn; 04-27-2014, 06:30 PM.

That looks cool Joe! I have a Tektronix 2247A, and a Tektronix 2465 as a spare but this software with the THD and IM macros is very interesting.

Another app if you have an android device is the "Speedy Spectrum Analyzer". It is ridiculously useful and only $5.
    ..Joe L

Comment

It's a great find.

The major difference between hobbyists and professionals is the quality (and presence) of testing.

The Daqarta site quantifies the defects in a few USB sound devices. I wasn't sure why until the author mentioned their convenience in a lab or clinical setting.

There's also a section on adding DC capability to the USB dongles so that you can read thermocouples if you need to.
      "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Working...
      X