No announcement yet.

Coil wire in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew, only useable reply so far is from the swedish seller, I am in contact with him and emailing back and forth. One of the others suggested i bought it from MWS. So that means buying something in the US which is possibly made here in Europe.. *sigh*

But looking at the prices and shipping costs (Thanks Terry and Jure!), would it probably pay off if 2-3 of us Europeans could order together. I'd be up for that for sure If it's possible to find nearly fair priced shipping to eachother.

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
      Hi Bea

I get a much better deal from wires.co.uk with their 6 kg rolls. It's just a bit of hassle carrying them as hand luggage on the plane. For normal poly wire their wire is good. With broccotts I have had one bad roll which snagged but cleared itself eventually. Otherwise the vintage stuff from the usual USA suppliers (the shipping and duty is a killer) A good scource for European Alnico humbucker bars at a good price would interest me, maybe Lyking has a scource ?
      Mfg Aus Wien
      Andrew
      I do have a Chinese supplier of Alnico 2/3/5/ C8 selling at 0,4USD/bar and any height 5mmŲ rod magnet for 0,8USD/10 rods. He charges about 70 USD shipping (with DHL), so again would a larger/collaborative order pay off hugely compared to European prices, even with the shipping and tax/duties. I am deffinately not going to keep the name secret, but seeing i don't know the quality or reliability of the seller yet, am i not writing it here, because if it is a scammer would it be a bad case for me having reccomended him. As soon as i know and have recieved my order, i will gladly share his details.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycking View Post
        Andrew, only useable reply so far is from the swedish seller, I am in contact with him and emailing back and forth. One of the others suggested i bought it from MWS. So that means buying something in the US which is possibly made here in Europe.. *sigh*

But looking at the prices and shipping costs (Thanks Terry and Jure!), would it probably pay off if 2-3 of us Europeans could order together. I'd be up for that for sure If it's possible to find nearly fair priced shipping to eachother.
        I already thought about that and I doubt this would lower the cost since with increased weight from US the shipping cost will also progressively increase plus shipping within EU additional 25eur at least. Not to mention customs complications and tax for import to EU. I think USPS rate for 10lbs is quite reasonable, if you go to Mojotone and buy a couple of their items way below 1lb they immediately charge you around 40$ for Europe.
        We have Electrisola reseller here and I contacted them about PE and HF wire and they charge even more for the shipment. I ended up using Elektrisola Poly wire. Bought a 9kg spool of AWG42 for 150eur and 2,5kg of AWG43 which will last some time.
        https://www.facebook.com/FatChanceGuitars

Comment

Working...
        X