Supplier of epoxy and urethane resin systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplier of epoxy and urethane resin systems

On the sci.electronics.design newsgroup, the following supplier of potting and laminating resins was endorsed:

Smooth-On, Inc. - Mold Making & Casting Materials Rubber, Plastic, Lifecasting, and More

I have not myself used them, but don't recall if they have been mentioned on the Pickup Forum.

Oh yes, Smooth-On is a a great place for many of the special mixes of silicones, urethanes, and various foams. I buy from them regularly.

For epoxies, I mostly use the West Systems line, which is available all over. I've found the best prices and supply, here in southern California, at West Marine, which is a chain of boat supply stores. One of the stores is near me, so I just pick it up there, but supposedly they will ship the epoxy for free. As an example, the 105 resin is $99 per gallon, as compared to $120-$130 at most other suppliers.

The CPES epoxy (aka Smith's MultiWoodPrime), which is the water-thin epoxy that I use for coil potting, is available through Star Distributing, in CA.

Comment

Working...
    X