Can anyone identify this bass p/u ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this bass p/u ?

There is no info at all on it - it was sent to me to identify and I haven't a clue.
    It seems to have a 3 screw mount similar to the Music Man stingray bass but the surround plate and adjustable
    pole pieces seem to rule that out.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Possibly an old schaller pup.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Did it come out of a Carl Thompson bass? I've seen several of those from the late 70's. I'm pretty sure that they are Schallers though I would expect them to have two height adjustment screws on each side.

Comment

Thanks Waldo I can see why you're great !

I could only find this old advertisement from the Schaller site , possibly a guitar pickup as has 6 poles but looks identical to me.

And David, unfortunately there is no history on it , it's one of those found in the back of a cupboard , forgotten about ,covered in dust!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schall P-up from add.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	835855

Comment

Hi Oc
          Name actually comes from the great waldo pepper, old biplanes are a hobby of mine, but I might add that i've been doing this stuff for a long time. Glad it heleped.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

That ad definitely nails it. No one would recreate the pickup ring mold if they didn't have to. It's very distinctive.

Comment

Working...
            X