Signing and Dating Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Gwinn View Post
    ...I guess the make is "TZ"? Or is it the model?
    "TZ" is a type of label tape sold by Brother for their label machines. You can find out more at Brother.com.
    Lots of information there but it's a cumbersome web site to navigate IMO.

Comment

I emboss my metal parts with my logo, and sign and date them with an electric engraver. They end up looking more or less like this one.

I wish there was an easier way to do it, but there isnīt. I used to use an electrochemical etcher to ID things when I made machine tool parts, but I wasnīt too happy with the results. I tried a handstamp with individual replaceable characters, but I didnīt like that either and the alphabets cost a mint.

ken

Click image for larger version

Name:	50Bbottom.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	836558
      www.angeltone.com

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
          I emboss my metal parts with my logo, and sign and date them with an electric engraver. They end up looking more or less like this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32441[/ATTACH]
          Ken;

How do you do the embossing? An EDM-cut steel die and a press? I'm thinking about doing that for some of the parts I make for clients, like aluminum neck plates with logos. Right now I use a nice old New Hermes pantograph engraver to do the logos. It works, but it's slow and tedious.

Comment

It seems to do a decent enough job. Our back plates are very thin; if they were much thicker, the Cricut wouldn't work. We have the back plates cut by a local steel shop, and then I just stick them to a Cricut sticky mat and run them. It's a little tedious, but for small quantities works well.

Comment

Working...
            X