Difference between P 155 and V 155 wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between P 155 and V 155 wire

High everybody, I have seen a spool of V 155 wire and wonder what the difference is between this and the P 155 wire is. I assume that might refer to the insultion, but I'm not sure. Anybody can educate me on this? Is the V 155 good for PU wiring usage?
    Thanks in advance

P is Polysol a modified polyurethane for solderability. Europe
    V seems to be a tradename for Rupalit which is most often seen in litz wire. I can't imagine that it would make much difference in a pickup.

Comment

Aha, interesting. What is litz wire?

Comment

cost reduction by integrable primary/secondary winding

Litz is bundles of twisted or woven wire that's used in the place of a single conductor to increase surface area of the conductor. It has it's main uses in high frequency AC transformers. We've talked about using it for pickups. Rick Turner actually wound some pickups with it and thought it did something good. The physics are complicated and the audible range improvements look dubious on paper.

Comment

How does the V type compare to polyamid? Is the insulation thicker or thinner? Is it similar to PE or more like HFV?

Comment

Here's a little info on v155.
            http://www.synflex.com/en/produkte_p...=wickeldraehte
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

For some reason the link don't worx. It says error, double header or s.th.

Comment

OK, I managed to sneak into the site. Hold on, some readin' here. Thanks

Comment

The link is a PDF document.
                  Try downloading it or get it here.
                  https://www.google.com/search?q=v155+wire&gws_rd=ssl
                  first item listed.
                  T
                  "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                  Terry

Comment

I tried FF instead of Chrome and now it works. Thanx

Comment

All right. I went through the lines but it doesn't tell me anything about insulation thickness. Anyone has experience w. this type of wire? I guess it'll be O.K. buying it, but a review would be great.

Comment

Well I suppose you could read up on all these standards and see if they apply to P155 as well. I would just contact the company and ask them to tell you the insulation thickness.
                        "IEC 60317-20 DIN EN 60317-20
                        IEC 60317-0-1 DIN EN 60317-0-1
                        IEC 60851 series DIN EN 60851 series NEMA MW-79C"

Here's a cross reference from Essex with a lot of related data: http://www.superioressex.com/uploade...20Brochure.pdf

Terry's first reference lists the film thickness on bare .16mm wire as being .011mm (total diameter of .182mm).
                        Last edited by David King; 03-14-2015, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Thank you David

Comment

Working...
                          X