Potting Humbuckers question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potting Humbuckers question

I've been potting my humbuckers after the pickup is put together and using rubberband to keep the tape from comming undone. Is it better to pot the individual coils before any tape is put on for better penetration?

Thanks
    Peace

The Wax finds it's way in no problem. I think Fralin uses rubber bands to keep the tape in place. Are you experiencing problems with microphony after potting?
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Hi Spence,
      I'm not having any issues with micrphonics. I'm just winding for some hi gain guys and was wondering if potting before taping is better. I'll go ahead and stick with the Fralin method.

Thanks bro!
      Peace

Comment

I pot before. Then tape with paper...

Comment

Generally I only pot humbuckers if the circumstances make it a neccessity. Even if the pickup has a cover I'll pot them with the covers on and then clean up with a baby wipe before slamming them in the fridge.
          sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

The old fridge hun? Is there a reason for, beside the obvious cool down.

Comment

You can grab a beer whilst you are there.............

Comment

Just that you lose less wax seeping out through the various holes.
                And I'm always looking for an excuse to get roaring drunk. Brierley's rumbled me again!
                sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Right on!!

Comment

Working...
                  X