Speed Control for Variable Speed Motor/Winder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd buy this
    Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal Model GCB 95 not Working Repair Project | eBay
    and put a geared pot in that matched the current speed control pot resistance wise (stock wah is usually 100k), either with a switched jack or a manual switch to select either pot. bypass all the wah electronics of course. Maybe with some tinkering you could get a double duty pedal that worked as a wah too

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
      I'd buy this
      Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal Model GCB 95 not Working Repair Project | eBay
      and put a geared pot in that matched the current speed control pot resistance wise (stock wah is usually 100k), either with a switched jack or a manual switch to select either pot. bypass all the wah electronics of course. Maybe with some tinkering you could get a double duty pedal that worked as a wah too
      I already have the pedal and the plan to gut it and match pots. But I'm still puzzling whether or not to put a jack in or not. The pot is too far back in the motor housing to really get to and work with regularly so I'll probably cut the harness from it and use that wired to a jack and...cross my fingers.

But now I need to figure out if and how I can wire the counter into the pcb to switch the motor off and how to reverse the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by jrdamien View Post
        But now I need to figure out if and how I can wire the counter into the pcb to switch the motor off and how to reverse the motor.
        If it's too much trouble to get the motor to spin in reverse a properly machined face plate will allow you to wind any common (and uncommon) pickups without the need to reverse the motor direction.

My hand winder can wind anything I've thrown at it in either direction simply by turning the bobbin around but it all comes down to the design of the face plate.

I machined the same face plate for my auto winder and I never have to change the rotation.

The slot in the middle allows for reverse wound bobbins. The slot can also accept the start wire for a P90, all kinds of good stuff. ; ) Click image for larger version

Name:	Faceplate.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	839046

Comment

Originally posted by Stratz View Post
          If it's too much trouble to get the motor to spin in reverse a properly machined face plate will allow you to wind any common (and uncommon) pickups without the need to reverse the motor direction.

My hand winder can wind anything I've thrown at it in either direction simply by turning the bobbin around but it all comes down to the design of the face plate.

I machined the same face plate for my auto winder and I never have to change the rotation.

The slot in the middle allows for reverse wound bobbins. The slot can also accept the start wire for a P90, all kinds of good stuff. ; ) [ATTACH=CONFIG]34999[/ATTACH]
          Nice. That's more or less what I've got now. Definitely not a big deal if it won't reverse but I would love to have the option.

Comment

Working...
          X