Doug and Pat show's review of our new P90 for humbucker routs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug and Pat show's review of our new P90 for humbucker routs

It's finally up, and they did a great job. I'd say it was a smashing success!

I don't know if any of you guys would be interesting in supporting the Kickstarter I just launched, but if so, here it is... In the off-chance that someone would be interested in making these also, since these are patent applied for, I'm offering licensing rights for one of the pledge amounts...
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mbucking-routs

Wolfe,

Just as an aside, I noticed the pickup cable stress relief in the video.
    Good idea, good job.

Makes so much sense, you wonder why it didn't happen sooner.

-drh
    "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

I thought we had the pickup makers showcase for this sort of thing?
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
        Wolfe,

Just as an aside, I noticed the pickup cable stress relief in the video.
        Good idea, good job.

Makes so much sense, you wonder why it didn't happen sooner.

-drh
        Are you talking about how the lead-out wires are routed? Or the ground lug? If so, there's a bit more length between the base-plate and the bobbin, too.

Bit_teee, good point. However, I myself have only been in that section once or twice.. I don't imagine it gets looked at very often.

Comment

Disruptive Technology

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          I thought we had the pickup makers showcase for this sort of thing?
          T
          I spoze one could argue that PMS (ahem) announces finished products while a kickstarter thread tries to start the product.
          I'm won't complain about where this thread should go since it's such a better mousetrap.

To state the obvious, the mounting covers let P90s compete head-to-head with PAFs on the same guitar, disruptive technology for pickup makers and gear sluts alike.

Gear sluts? Imagine the P90 cork sniffing that these mounting plates can incite over at My Les Paul forum.

Down the road, after a few thousand mounting covers sit in stock, I'm sure Wolfe will make them available at reasonable prices.

And, down the road, I wouldn't think ill of Wolfe if he trademarked the cream colored ones (or two as "P90 Double Cream") just for spite.

-drh
          "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

I don't know if it's better or not, I didn't look.
            You know me, I'm just big on not being commercial here.
            If rules apply to one, it should apply to all.
            My $.02
            Last edited by big_teee; 01-17-2016, 03:17 PM.
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Wolfe,
              The $5000 Kickstarter option for 80 "routes" comes to $62.50 per "route". What exactly is one buying there? Are you offering to "route" the cavities in each of 40 guitars or are you selling them 80 of your covers/rings at a price that sounds about what one might charge for a whole pickup? I'd edit that option for clarity and spelling and maybe consider setting the price per ping/cover to around $10 each in bulk. The words route and rout aren't interchangeable in terms of meaning and yet you switch back and forth several times in your text as if they were.

Comment

No comment on the Kickstarter campaign, but good on ya for getting this product out there. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

And hey, now I know about the Doug and Pat Show! These guys ramble a bit, but their pickup comparison shows are pretty cool. (I think it's funny, though, how in the first P-90 show they lumped Jason Lollar in with Seymour Duncan, and hailed Tyson and RC as the "little guys.")

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                  Wolfe,
                  The $5000 Kickstarter option for 80 "routes" comes to $62.50 per "route". What exactly is one buying there? Are you offering to "route" the cavities in each of 40 guitars or are you selling them 80 of your covers/rings at a price that sounds about what one might charge for a whole pickup? I'd edit that option for clarity and spelling and maybe consider setting the price per ping/cover to around $10 each in bulk. The words route and rout aren't interchangeable in terms of meaning and yet you switch back and forth several times in your text as if they were.
                  Haha woops, yep, that's a typo. 80 full pickups with covers. Good thing I can edit after launch.

Just got home from the NAMM show. Response to the design and how I pulled it off were outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                  X