Mini Humbucker Thread Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Humbucker Thread Size?

Could one of you gentlemen tell me what the correct thread size is for the Les Paul Deluxe style mini humbucker screws/nuts? I'm going to retro-fit a guitar that has P-90's with the mini hums and will need to fab up a mounting plate. Thanks!
    Dave

Ummmm, nobody knows? I promise I'm not winding or selling pickups, just a little mix and match guitar modding. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Daver View Post
      Ummmm, nobody knows? I promise I'm not winding or selling pickups, just a little mix and match guitar modding. Thanks for any help you can provide.
      Dave
      i dont think many people here wind mini humbuckers, but why not test the different sizes at a hardware store or similar. if you cant do that id suggest emailing the manufacturer. wouldnt be surprised if it was the same size as regular hb, but i dont know that either, as ive not been using standard parts.

Comment

black labb,
        Yeah, you're right. Few people wind the mini's. I don't think it's the same size as a regular humbucker. I think that the thread size is 3-48, but I'm not sure. Most hardware store don't carry something that small and I may have to order online. I just want to be sure before I do! Thanks.
        Dave

Comment

3-48 X1-1/4

Comment

Hey Jason, thanks a lot for confirming that for me. Once I find the proper victim for this surgery, I know whose mini hums I'll be getting.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X