Where Have All The Short Legs Gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Have All The Short Legs Gone?

Lately everybody seems to sell the same dual-lead hole humbucker baseplate, advertised as short leg when they're really medium, about 2-3mm longer than a real short leg. Anybody know who has these now?

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
    Lately everybody seems to sell the same dual-lead hole humbucker baseplate, advertised as short leg when they're really medium, about 2-3mm longer than a real short leg. Anybody know who has these now?
    How long is the short leg you are looking for?

Comment

They used to be 5-6mm, now they're all 10mm. Allparts just got some back in stock, and they show a picture of the old (good 5-6mm) short leg plate but say the leg length is 10mm. Which means they're the same medium leg everyone else is selling. No go.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
        They used to be 5-6mm, now they're all 10mm. Allparts just got some back in stock, and they show a picture of the old (good 5-6mm) short leg plate but say the leg length is 10mm. Which means they're the same medium leg everyone else is selling. No go.
        I'm not seeing any at Allparts. Do you have a link?

The ones I have made are 5mm. I could send you one and if you need some I could include them in my next order.

Comment

Quality is in the crapper too. The last large order I purchased from Mojo were not flat (it was awhile ago). They were bowed across the width and I had to bend them back into shape to get them reasonably flat. That frame ultimately deforms/buckles a bit along the screwline ... not too noticeable, unless such things bother you (bothers me). I was ordering smaller quantities in effort to reduce the crap pile, and it seemed like things were getting better but the most recent small order are horrifying. You can tell they were worked in effort to get them flat, and the crease along both screw lines is fairly severe. I can't use them at all. That, and getting unscratched black bobbins have become a huge challenge.

I assume most resellers are getting these from the same source, so if the problems are at the source ...

Comment

Working...
          X