Paf Slugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paf Slugs

If your interested in slugs for your Paf Designs, I will have some availiable in midMay for bulk perchasing. These will be available heat treated or standard (non treated -your choice) Nickel plated. Please email me directly. You are not obligated to pay at this time, only when the parts are ready to ship. Please specify if you'd like them H. treated or not.
    N.W

What is the affect of heat treated vs. not heat treated?

Comment

heat treated is too vague a term...are they hardened or annealed, or hardened then annealed?
      Hardened metal is brittle and is termed martensite. This actually causes the molecules to become denser and more aligned. Austenite is tempered steel and is "soft", there is more space (less alignment) between the molecules making it more malleable.
      Tempered is hardened then "relaxed"; an "in between" if you will.
      Hardened steel will tend to be "denser" and probably more permeable and possibly "harsher".
      Another question is what method of hardening. Air hardening then tempering (not suitable for carbon steel), oil bath, water etc.....the method vs type of steel can result in molecular level "issues"...(fracture lines etc)
      I used to make custom knives.....
      This is why I temper my magnets before use....to "relax them"....it works for me.

Comment

What might the tonal affect be of one vs the other?

Comment

paf slugs

Hey Nightwinder, your message box is full. I was wondering about the paf slugs you mentioned.
          It's just wire wrapped around some magnets!

Comment

where are you?

No reply here either, we need to know what material specs are , dimensions, beveled or unbevleled etc. How many points of carbon.
            http://www.SDpickups.com
            Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Working...
            X