Connecting Magnet Wire and Lead Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
    Spence, these are not my hands...i am pulling your leg, i hope you know that
    *wipes sweat off forehead*

Comment

I think the reason you have difficulty is how you start the winding of the magnet wire. I hold the wires together with the free ends pointing in the same direction and a few inches more "free" on the magnet wire. Then wind the loose end of the magnet wire, solder, then pull off(break) or snip the excess magnet/pigtail wire. It seems to me like you were trying to start with no excess free end magnet wire.
      I hope that was reasonably clear...

Comment

Originally posted by SK66 View Post
        I think the reason you have difficulty is how you start the winding of the magnet wire. I hold the wires together with the free ends pointing in the same direction and a few inches more "free" on the magnet wire. Then wind the loose end of the magnet wire, solder, then pull off(break) or snip the excess magnet/pigtail wire. It seems to me like you were trying to start with no excess free end magnet wire.
        I hope that was reasonably clear...
        that makes complete sense. thanks
        www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Originally posted by SK66 View Post
          ...I hope that was reasonably clear...
          That's a nice way to do it. I do almost the same thing, except I hole the lead wire stationary in my left hand, hold the free end of the magnet wire with the same fingers holding the lead wire, and wrap it around the lead with my right hand.

I'll have to give your way a try.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
          X