No announcement yet.

59 strat pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know I heard from some source that there is actually a sort of MIB secret facility where human looking ET's work out of to mingle with us earth monkeys. Wouldn't surprise me at all. I've read stories of very psychic individuals running into people in public places and they immediately sensed that these "people" aren't from "here." I think the truth behind the reality of everything is 100 times more fantastic than you would believe. I like that idea....
    http://www.SDpickups.com
    Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Dr Raymond Stantz

It look's like Dan Aykroyd is not content with just Ghostbusting. He's after Aliens now.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMh3CgdZ56Q

Comment

There is a point that may be important about the winding methode : it's the coil winder they used, its strength and speed may constrain to wind more or less tight, to do more or less turn per layer.

I used few different winder I built, it really doesn't make the same coil depending on the winder.

Why do we like the sound of 50's pickups ? I like it, not because I'm nostalgic ... I am only 22 years old, I played with 54 stratocaster, 52 telecaster and a 59 Les Paul. I played them unplugged then I plugged it. That was extraordinary I felt the acoustic of the guitar, I have much dynamic, much harmonics, a better defined sound
        I compared the PAF pickups with my 1985 "Gibson Tim Shaw PAF" on my 1985 Les Paul Custom ... The 1985 doesn't have much dynamic, harmonics, fidelity, etc.
        I really didn't think an almost 50 y o pickup could sound better than modern pickups. I don't care about vintage or something ... but I though a so old pickup would sound rough and really not defined but would have a certain charm.
        It is really not the point, the PAF I tried was really faithful to the acoustic of the guitar, a very rich sound.
        I found the same richness in the 54 stratocaster pickups
        Some say Léo Fender was a businessman not a guitarist. I think it is not wrong but he was not stupid and I think he would not dare to sell bad guitars.
        He was passionated in sound and electronic, I think he knew much about acoustic and electronic. That's why he invented so great guitars and why the quality changed when he left Fender.
        In my opinion "passion" is what rules the game in making quality instruments.
        Let there be rock http://fjgaston.free.fr
        Guitars : 1965 Gibson melody maker, 1969 gibson SG, 1985 Gibson Les Paul, 1957 FEnder Duo Sonic, 1963 Fender Musimaster, Fender strange stratocaster, Gretsch mod solidbody, "la blue" the strangest guitar ever made; Effect : Disto Blaster; Amp : 1973 Hiwatted Sound City 50 +, 1970 Sound city 120, 1958 Fender Champ, 1969 Carlsbro, 1970 Carlsbro, 1966 EKO, Home made amp.

Comment

+1
          I believe that if the passion is not in the maker, the "soul" cannot be in the product.
          -Stan
          ...just transferring wire from one spool to another
          Stan Hinesley Pickups
          FaceBook

Comment

I'll just add that Leo Fender whom I think was a genius in electronic and sound chose everything for the best sound. But I think he won't be able to explain it to anyone.
            I think there was something in the way he choose the equipment and he managed the ladies for winding that may affect the tone. Maybe he just make them feel fine or feel stressed ? I don't know how he managed the people who worked in his factory but it is may be an important point. Do you feel the ladies feeling when you play your 62 stratocaster ??
            Let there be rock http://fjgaston.free.fr
            Guitars : 1965 Gibson melody maker, 1969 gibson SG, 1985 Gibson Les Paul, 1957 FEnder Duo Sonic, 1963 Fender Musimaster, Fender strange stratocaster, Gretsch mod solidbody, "la blue" the strangest guitar ever made; Effect : Disto Blaster; Amp : 1973 Hiwatted Sound City 50 +, 1970 Sound city 120, 1958 Fender Champ, 1969 Carlsbro, 1970 Carlsbro, 1966 EKO, Home made amp.

Comment

The late great Terry Ybarra once told me that when Leo felt Abigail was relaxing he'd sneak up on her and lick the back of her neck. This had the effect of making her get more tension on the wire and helped her enormously with her pelvic thrust excersises.
              sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Working...
              X