unusual way of potting pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unusual way of potting pickups

Is this like the Jiffy Lube of wax potting pickups. Send your guitar in, wax pot while the pickups are still in the guitar, and then send it back out to the customer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-PAF-Fende...d=p3286.c0.m14
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Sure glad I don't have any of those "Bartonellis" (sic), or I'd be out of luck.

Comment

Geez, i always thought bartonelli was that disease you got from cat scratches....

Comment

It looks like a guitar threw up a couple of pickups after a long night. So if the wires are not long enough he would ... use a brush?

Comment

I have done that with some pickups on an ES 345 but without resting the guitar on the wax pot. Sometimes you have do do things like that if you get a call-out to a gig where you only have an hour before the gig starts.
          I wouldn't recommend it as best practise though.
          sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Edward R View Post
            Geez, i always thought bartonelli was that disease you got from cat scratches....
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartonellosis

Comment

eBay removed it. It wasn't referring to Bartolini, was it? I missed that part. Damn that's funny. Yeah, we want to go dipping them in wax alrighty...
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                eBay removed it. It wasn't referring to Bartolini, was it? I missed that part. Damn that's funny. Yeah, we want to go dipping them in wax alrighty...
                Somebody probably snitched and he became aware of the thread...maybe he was embarrased and took it down......a lot of snitches and trolls around these parts lately.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinT View Post
                  ......a lot of snitches and trolls around these parts lately.
                  and which are you my Fine Sir?

Comment

Potting?

Personally, get potted is better than potting pickups.

Belgian ales are nice start.

-drh
                    "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Originally posted by dazzlindino View Post
                      and which are you my Fine Sir?
                      neither one

Comment

Actually, I just found out that Bartonellis are the pickup model that Eddie Van Halen's ex-wife started when she was out of the acting biz for a little while with little Wolfgang. Sort of a cottage industry to fill in the quiet moments.

Comment

Are you sure those weren't the Barilla pickups wound with spagetti?

I have the one with the noodle wrap and man it is spicy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
                            Belgian ales are nice start.
                            Yes indeed!
                            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                            X