Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi guys,

About a year ago I ran into Spence at a guitar show in Birmingham - told me about this forum, about 2 years ago Wolfe told me I should join...so finally I get around to it.

A little bit about myself, I run Bulldog Pickups part time when I'm not working for Matamp here in Yorkshire, England. Prior to that I worked for Bare Knuckle Pickups.

Looks like a lot of you guys know what you're talking about so with a bit of luck I'll be able to log in now and again and join in.

Great forum!

cheers

Hayden
    Bulldog Pickups

Matamp

Originally posted by HJM View Post
    Hi guys,

About a year ago I ran into Spence at a guitar show in Birmingham - told me about this forum, about 2 years ago Wolfe told me I should join...so finally I get around to it.

A little bit about myself, I run Bulldog Pickups part time when I'm not working for Matamp here in Yorkshire, England. Prior to that I worked for Bare Knuckle Pickups.

Looks like a lot of you guys know what you're talking about so with a bit of luck I'll be able to log in now and again and join in.

Great forum!

cheers

Hayden
    Welcome. Nice to have you here.
    www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

HI there Hayden, I first heard of you work from a guitar maker i know, Paulman guitars, do you remember him? He said you made some great P90's for him a few years back. I think we met at the London guitar show last year and was very impressed with the pickups you had on view. I'm off down again next week, are you showing again? Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome Bro. make sure you've got your asbestos underwear on. It can get heated on here.
        Otherwise perhaps I'll catch you at Sid's Cafe sometime.
        sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Thanks guys....asbestos undies and thick skin at the ready!

New Mill's changed a bit Spence, the big mill in the centre's been knocked down, but the old brewery's still there!

Greenfingers - not planning on going down to London, I've blown my exhibition budget on a stand at Frankfurt Musicmesse earlier this year! Stand space is very expensive this year and you can't sell goods direct to the public so you can't try and make a few sales on the day, not a good mix. I've done quite a few pickups for Paulman, where abouts are you?
          Bulldog Pickups

Matamp

Comment

Immoderation

Hi, Hayden.

Remember that, although this forum has a moderator (me), everyone here moderates themselves quite well.

We have strong suggestions rather than hard rules.
            • Advisory 1 -- Either ask for pickup information or post pickup information.
            • Advisory 2 -- Do not insult women or children, then call someone an asshole and declare that they shag sheep ... all in the same post. It is demeaning to the sheep.

Besides, on the rare occasion that the moderator actually intercedes, most people ignore him -- the proper order of things, in my opinion, considering that he was moderator for a year before anyone told him.

-The Moderator
            He who moderates least moderates best.

Comment

Originally posted by HJM View Post
              Thanks guys....asbestos undies and thick skin at the ready!

New Mill's changed a bit Spence, the big mill in the centre's been knocked down, but the old brewery's still there!

Greenfingers - not planning on going down to London, I've blown my exhibition budget on a stand at Frankfurt Musicmesse earlier this year! Stand space is very expensive this year and you can't sell goods direct to the public so you can't try and make a few sales on the day, not a good mix. I've done quite a few pickups for Paulman, where abouts are you?
              Blimey, I lived in the little house attached to the old brewery. It was a tack room at one time. No back door, fan windows and a very bad place to be when snowed in.
              Used to pop over the working men's club every so often for a ride on the local bike then up to the White Hart in Jackson Bridge to get shit-faced before driving home in my Renault 4. Those were the days!
              sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by DrStrangelove View Post
                Hi, Hayden.

Remember that, although this forum has a moderator (me), everyone here moderates themselves quite well.

We have strong suggestions rather than hard rules.
                • Advisory 1 -- Either ask for pickup information or post pickup information.
                • Advisory 2 -- Do not insult women or children, then call someone an asshole and declare that they shag sheep ... all in the same post. It is demeaning to the sheep.

Besides, on the rare occasion that the moderator actually intercedes, most people ignore him -- the proper order of things, in my opinion, considering that he was moderator for a year before anyone told him.

-The Moderator

Anyone hear something? maybe just spirits of ancestors.... Willkommen in forum Hayden.

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
                  Blimey, I lived in the little house attached to the old brewery. It was a tack room at one time. No back door, fan windows and a very bad place to be when snowed in.
                  Used to pop over the working men's club every so often for a ride on the local bike then up to the White Hart in Jackson Bridge to get shit-faced before driving home in my Renault 4. Those were the days!
                  Come on Spence, we all know around this area that you knocked that house down, It had something to do with a French car and some German beer

Comment

Originally posted by greenfingers View Post
                    Come on Spence, we all know around this area that you knocked that house down, It had something to do with a French car and some German beer
                    I used to park that car against a lampost on the hill because the handbrake didn't work.
                    I did have a little accident with my Yamaha FS1E in the brook behind the brewery though. Nice beer up there. Miss it badly. Oh and the New Mill girl who worked on the bacon counter in Huddersfield market. She was an absolute babe.
                    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Lee Guy View Post
                      Anyone hear something? maybe just spirits of ancestors...
                      That was me.

I just farted from some Belgian ale.

-drh
                      "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Working...
                      X