X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JGundry
    replied
    Originally posted by Spence View Post
    I didn't ever say you hated the English but you said plenty of times all the fakes come from England. Sorry to have to keep reminding you.
    The other thing is that I'm not from the UK myself although my wife is English and my children are Welsh. Perhaps I should be asking my wife if she's a fake?

Just for anyone esle watching these exchanges, I'm going to tell another truth here. In your pm to me Jon, you demanded that I apologise to you and hinted at action you would take if I didn't. That's the kind of person you are so don't make out that you enjoy debate because you are completely intollerant of anyone else's view.

That's all I have to say on that subject.
    I never said all fakes were from England.

I'm not even sure I wanted an apology from you, what I wanted was for you to stop fabricating lies about my business that were meant to damage it and myself. But you persist in doing it, "The all fakes come from England" is just one of many examples. Some of the lies are just petty and strange. Like insisting that I knew I was kicked off MLP today. I had been getting email notices from MLP about subscribed threads as recently as 2+1/2 weeks ago and I had not posted there for months because the place sucks. If I was kicked off it was very recently otherwise i would no be getting email notices from them. I have no reason or need to lie about any of this stuff. Frankly it's just a tiny bit scary to have these kind of persistant lies coming from somebody online. Petty or not.

Maybe you have stresses that I am not aware of it that explain all of this. But maybe that is too charitable. If you want to know what kind of person I am why don't you PM somebody like Possum or Nightwinder.

At this point I'm just totally creeped out by the entire exchange with you.
    Last edited by JGundry; 06-19-2008, 05:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kevinT
    replied
    Feel the love....

Leave a comment:

• madialex
    replied
    Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
    Kindly stop attempting to inject courtesy, reason, and good will into this pissing match.

Thank you.

the Immoderator's sock puppet,
    -drh

HUH???

Leave a comment:

• chevalij
    replied
    I think there's going to be a fight at recess!

Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but can't we just all relax. This whole "my dad can be up your mom" stuff gets tired for the rest of us. My undying respect goes to the first one to walk away (or wind the correct PAF). Sorry, couldn't resist that last bit.

Leave a comment:

• Spence
    replied
    I didn't ever say you hated the English but you said plenty of times all the fakes come from England. Sorry to have to keep reminding you.
    The other thing is that I'm not from the UK myself although my wife is English and my children are Welsh. Perhaps I should be asking my wife if she's a fake?

Just for anyone esle watching these exchanges, I'm going to tell another truth here. In your pm to me Jon, you demanded that I apologise to you and hinted at action you would take if I didn't. That's the kind of person you are so don't make out that you enjoy debate because you are completely intollerant of anyone else's view.

That's all I have to say on that subject.

Leave a comment:

• JGundry
    replied
    See, throughout all this, the reason I don't give up is because you keep telling us different stories while you insist everyone crowns you king.
    Now, if you'd said something like, 'I might have been wrong about so and so....' that would win an awful lot more respect. Instead of which you just keep on about these old machines and how everyone else's pickups can't get near a PAF tone.

Also, you are completely dismissive of other people's findings. You should perhaps temper that approach.
    Only a couple of weeks ago I had to point out to you that you were going out of your way to wreck a LP forum member's Ebay sale and yet you carried on regardless when you were absolutely in the wrong. Why do you do that?

As we never see any proof of your pickups, regardless of all these big rock stars you say buy them, what are we to think?

You know what, I love old machines and sure I'd love to tinker with a Leesona 102. So actually it's nice to see someone saving one from the breakers yard. Sam Lee Guy has some old gear and would also love to rescue a Leesona 102. But neither of us think it's worth using one to make PAFs.

I'm only interested in truth and fair play and if you and others think I'm an ass because of that then I don't care because I will keep asking those awkward questions.
    Spence,

I'm not interested in yours or anyone else's script on how I should behave. I finished school long ago and am a big boy. But I will give you my script on how you should behave.

But first let me start with this. You yourself know that I simply stated an opinion that an Ebay auction was a fake PAF after the auction was done and on a post not started by me. So what's the problem? Is my opinion no good? Is your's better? You have posted on said forum that I hate the English because of this. Is that rational behavior? Did you know my great grandparents are from Cornwall and my dad visits there every year. Do you really think I'm out to ruin English Ebay auctions? Does it make sense for you to pump that line of B.S.?

There is truth and there is tact. Together they work best. You are void of tact. I gave up on showing tact towards you because of it. However you know right where you stand with me. Others that are more tactful towards you just won't say you are rude to your face. You just find out one day that you missed out on something important. The tactful truth teller has the power. The tactless truth teller is just a drag. Stop being a drag. And your first lesson in tact is to stop assuming the worst of people.

You have actually shown a glimmer of tact in your post. If you take this approach all the time we could have a disagreement and a heated discussion and we would both enjoy it. And neither one of us would have to assume that the other is up to no good. This is the direction I would like to go if your game.

Public forum drama mediation attempt over.

One final thing. If somebody wants to try and do hand wound PAF's cool they should do it if that is what they enjoy. It's not my approach and I feel strongly machine winding is the way to clone a PAF. But that's it. No attack by me unless attacked.
    Last edited by JGundry; 06-18-2008, 11:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spence
    replied
    See, throughout all this, the reason I don't give up is because you keep telling us different stories while you insist everyone crowns you king.
    Now, if you'd said something like, 'I might have been wrong about so and so....' that would win an awful lot more respect. Instead of which you just keep on about these old machines and how everyone else's pickups can't get near a PAF tone.

Also, you are completely dismissive of other people's findings. You should perhaps temper that approach.
    Only a couple of weeks ago I had to point out to you that you were going out of your way to wreck a LP forum member's Ebay sale and yet you carried on regardless when you were absolutely in the wrong. Why do you do that?

As we never see any proof of your pickups, regardless of all these big rock stars you say buy them, what are we to think?

You know what, I love old machines and sure I'd love to tinker with a Leesona 102. So actually it's nice to see someone saving one from the breakers yard. Sam Lee Guy has some old gear and would also love to rescue a Leesona 102. But neither of us think it's worth using one to make PAFs.

I'm only interested in truth and fair play and if you and others think I'm an ass because of that then I don't care because I will keep asking those awkward questions.

Leave a comment:

• JGundry
    replied
    Print them here if you've got the balls.
    I got the balls but I got respect or the people that PM email me. I did partake in a little hyperbole with the ass comment. But over time I have gotten about 5 PM's here that had that flavor when it came to you. They go like this, "What is Spence's problem?" or "I wish Spence would just give it up." That sort of thing. All PM's to me out of the blue. Honest, not making it up.

Leave a comment:

• WBPickups
    replied
    Originally posted by salvarsan View Post
    Kindly stop attempting to inject courtesy, reason, and good will into this pissing match.

Thank you.

-drh

Now that's more like it. LOL! OK, I'll step out again.

Leave a comment:

• JGundry
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Lee Guy View Post
    Since you claim your Leesona is a machine that actually wound PAF's, I just said I didn't know you had got it from Gibson too, or is it a machine that actually wound PAF's as in "I have a guitar actually played by Hendrix, yes a real Fender Stratocaster, almost the same as Hendrix's"
    Sam you still don't get it. The machine on the top is the exactry same model of machine that round PAF's. Seymour has the Leesona 102's from Gibson but mine same, same mista.

The bottom machine was used to rind PAF's also. It one a kind macheen. Come from old Gibson plant last week. Place now called Heritage Guitaaa but building same, same as old Gibson plant. Old Gibson stuff deaah. You likey.

Oh I hope to God he understands that.

Leave a comment:

• salvarsan
    replied
    Originally posted by WBPickups View Post
    I know that I am not the most welcomed person here but I just wanted to say that Gundry that machine you bought there is a cool part of history. Nice score! We may not agree with our ideas but that is very cool!

Thank you.

-drh

Leave a comment:

• WBPickups
    replied
    Originally posted by greenfingers View Post
    . by the way is there a gift at the end of your new clips on youtube for who ever gets it right ? maybe the P.A.F. I am going too stick my neck out and say the first is the paf and the second one of yours. Did i get it?
    I quoted you before you edited... LOL! Stay tuned and no gifts for guessing but I wish I win that Lottery tonight so that I can do this for free and just hand out my pickups to whom ever wants them. The money part is the dirty part to all this. It's sucks to have to mix business with pleasure. Well unless we are talking about woman but I won't touch on that subject.

Blessings.

Leave a comment:

• WBPickups
    replied
    Originally posted by greenfingers View Post
    Hi Will, if your on the forum i think you should share your views and findings on things a bit more, "its good to talk". There may not be as much hugging and kissing on this forum compared MLP, but you look like a big boy who can take it on the chin. yall come back now.
    I take it on the chin, the ass and just about every other body part as well on a day to day, month to month and now year to year basis. It's been like this since I came onto the world wide web and it's part of the game. On the MLP I have a lot of customers that are quite vocal on their happiness on what I have built them. It's just were I hang out at as well. I don't go onto every forum out there. I will say that there is quite a few reputable people there that uses the ghost of screen names that are good people. I'll just leave it at that since so many have thoughts on me and the MLP.

My take on all this is quite simple. The Tonal frequencies are the most important to me on everything I build. Twist the wire one way. Test it. Try this mag out with it. Test it. If I use this part what will it do? Test it. It's all on what your trying to achieve to yourself as a builder of these toys. There's really is no wrong or right just what your ears tell you at the end of the day. I don't want to get into any debates here on how I make my pickups or what I use because the end of the day it's just a great microphone showcasing the players hands and talent with the style of music that they make. That's all.

This forum is a wonderful wealth of knowledge but at the same time I always wonder why some of you don't keep your cards closer to your chest.

Like I said before, I wish everyone nothing but the best but the Electrician fixing some power issues here at the shop just came at me with a $1200 bill and I am about to freak the hell out on his ass.

Leave a comment:

• Spence
    replied
    Originally posted by JGundry View Post

Actually the PM's I get all agree that your an ass. True story.
    Print them here if you've got the balls.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Lee Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by JGundry View Post
    Just so you know all of my winders all the ultimate. My Leesona 102, my vintage, Gibson made, one of a kind PAF winder and my ingenious computer controlled winder. I may get banned here for my modesty if I don't watch out.

Pics two of my ultimate winding machines. By the way these are the machines that actually wound PAF's.
    Since you claim your Leesona is a machine that actually wound PAF's, I just said I didn't know you had got it from Gibson too, or is it a machine that actually wound PAF's as in "I have a guitar actually played by Hendrix, yes a real Fender Stratocaster, almost the same as Hendrix's"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X