plastic wrap material to protect covers/bobbins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NightWinder View Post
    ....ah, She must be in the 2's or 3's. My little girl loves to rip paper and scratch cardboard,lol. Even paper off crayons disapears in seconds...
    Can't be too made when they grin......Only when you try to get some info and you remember " Ah yeah....Damn!!"
    Yep, good call, she was exactly 2 when here. She lives in Scotland, my wife is from there (East Kilbride) and her sister and husband (and my niece) were over on holiday, his first time in the USA, we had a blast showing them around the Pacific Northwest.
    -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
      Yep, good call, she was exactly 2 when here. She lives in Scotland, my wife is from there (East Kilbride) and her sister and husband (and my niece) were over on holiday, his first time in the USA, we had a blast showing them around the Pacific Northwest.
      Yeah, Mines 3. I put my paperwork up : ) Going to Germany in October for the first time to Drink Beer, lol. Seriously!. And hang out with some Fashion haters so it should be interesting....I actually want to go to some old churches and stuff... Kinda business Kinda pleasure..

Comment

I buy from MWS, its always a 6lb minimum usually just over $200. The diameter always varies which I hate, no other choice, you get what you get. I think I'll ask Guitar Jones if they can get PE from Korea again, they sold it when they first started, it was similar quality to MWS, they had five lb spools but one I got had a ding in it and it was cut through so some wire got wasted. Still would be nice to have another source.....
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
          I buy from MWS, its always a 6lb minimum usually just over $200. The diameter always varies which I hate, no other choice, you get what you get. I think I'll ask Guitar Jones if they can get PE from Korea again, they sold it when they first started, it was similar quality to MWS, they had five lb spools but one I got had a ding in it and it was cut through so some wire got wasted. Still would be nice to have another source.....
          Is it on a 6-lb spool, or can the 6-lb minimum be on two 3-lb spools?
          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

I use blue painters tape.

Comment

they dont sell small spools, only the 6lb size
              http://www.SDpickups.com
              Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                Let's just clarify that's in the sign printing industry. It's not used in any litho/offset printing industries.

Here's one place that sells it

http://www.tuffind.net/premask.htm

No David, the label and overlay printing industry.

Premask is also used in the engraving industry where trophy brass engravings are protected after engraving and before delivering to the customer.

What the OP was referring to is the premasks that are found on some pickup winders' products, such as I get from Lollar and others. These are aften diecut with the polepiece holes in them.
                Jack Briggs

sigpic
                www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Possum View Post
                  That magic tape sure didn't work for me, it stuck so well that it tore trying to get it off and tore in tiny bits took forever to get it off in tiny rips, not sure why I had that problem. I think if you stick the tape to your shirt and pull it off a couple times it will kill the high tack, I still haven't found anything suitable yet...
                  Made another bucker last night, used some old tape on the bobbins and still didn't have
                  any problem when peeling off the tape, must be something you're doing to get the problem
                  you're having.

For me, both new and old tape seems to work well, it's the 3M "scotch" tape BTW.

-Brad
                  -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Working...
                  X