Taller Strat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taller Strat covers

Have been making some Strat pu's lately that use longer rod mags to get more wire on the bobbin. Anybody have a source for some taller covers?

how many pickups are you thinking of making? if its just a few you can get them from Guitarfetish. I dont know if they do bulk orders.

Comment

Originally posted by greenfingers View Post
      how many pickups are you thinking of making? if its just a few you can get them from Guitarfetish. I dont know if they do bulk orders.
      Is that the GFS guy on eBay?
      -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

Originally posted by RedHouse View Post
        Is that the GFS guy on eBay?
        Yea, I got hold of a set of them 60's single coils for about the price of a pizza and a few beer's, Shit huck-up wire and the neck flatwork was wonky, that said the sound is ok for the price, thats where i noticed the covers were taller. Have you seen that on the web site it list's them as having "Formvar Plain Enamel Wire".

Comment

Which pickups were they exactly? (model#)
          -Brad

ClassicAmplification.com

Comment

I think they were named "1960's premium" not verry 1960's and not verry premium, but they are better than what come in Japanese strats. So its a cheep upgrade on them guitars. I only got a set because i read a lot of good things about them on other sites and got a set just to see what the fuss was about.

Comment

The tall ones are turning out to be pretty popular because they can hold more 42 wire for a beefier bridge pu. But to put that mindless bragging in perspective, I'm not exactly a high volume guy so I might make 50 of them in a year tops.

Originally posted by greenfingers View Post
              EDIT: Do you have a link for the taller ones? They appear to have covers for wider rod magnets but not taller covers.

Comment

Taller covers are very handy if you are doing stacks.
                It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun View Post
                  EDIT: Do you have a link for the taller ones? They appear to have covers for wider rod magnets but not taller covers.
                  Them covers are taller than standard about 2-2.5 mm taller if i remember. You might want to get just one set to make sure they are the size your after.

The magnets on there pickups were 5mm diameter, so not oversized that way but they were taller.

Comment

Working...
                  X