Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH13 Dimebucker, Ideas?

Hi,
    does anybody have any idea on how is made the SH13 Dimebucker pickup?
    For what i understood is based on the Bill lawrence l500xl but I can't find any good picture of the exposed coils of the pickup and magnets...

Any informations would be really appreciated...

There was pictures on here somewhere of the Lawrence l500 but thats been years ago , The Dimebucker uses Stainless steel blades like the Lawrence did & at 16.5K & encased in epoxy without any other Metal so no baseplate .
    "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Originally posted by copperheadroads View Post
      There was pictures on here somewhere of the Lawrence l500 but thats been years ago , The Dimebucker uses Stainless steel blades like the Lawrence did & at 16.5K & encased in epoxy without any other Metal so no baseplate .
      yes, I found the topic, but there's 2 or 3 different variations on the pickup:
      1)There's one with a super big ceramic magnet in between the blades.
      2)The other with 4 small ceramic magnets placed at the bottom of the 2 coils with some copper tape in between.

Looking at the patent it look like that the original Lawrence was built as the first one, but it seems there's a lot of variations on Lawrence pickups...

Comment

I believe SH13 has one ceramic magnet, the thicker type (1/4") like SH6, maybe not as thick as the one on the photo by David Schwab. I can not prove it though.
        So it should be easy to get the parts.

Comment

Working...
        X